Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

they're gyrating in front of the parents
the babies happen to be there, and to them everything is great and new and marvellous, do they have a clue what is going on?
no
not a clue at all
Did you just write that with a straight face?

You're right though, it's best to groom them young, while they have no clue what is going on...

I think we also need to question the parents' rationale here, as they are clearly missing a few brain cells if they think this can be in anyway acceptable.

Who was it who was saying a few pages ago about how sexist and sexualised mainstream entertainment was in the 80s? Just a few memories that spring to mind was some comedian (Russ Abbott?) having scantily clad women randomly dance at intervals as peak time Saturday entertainment, saucy postcards, and some Two Ronnies book my dad had which featured incredibly sexualised cartoon pictures of women. Not to mention Benny Hill :mad:

These days some of the most sexualised material readily available to children are certain music videos.

Young babies aren’t really going to know what’s considered sexualised or not (in the context of entertainment which isn’t barred for safeguarding reasons), it’s when they get older that it becomes more of an issue. Would I have taken my babies to that cabaret thing? Almost certainly not because a) I find burlesque meh and b) they probably would have screamed through it 😭 but I find it hard to see how it’s damaging. If it helps a mum who’s been struggling have an enjoyable, light hearted time then on balance it’s probably positive.

I think this is a bit of a rabbithole because I don't believe this came from a google search in the first place.
You think Edie screen grabbed the image from what looks like their insta story, and then luckily it also happens to be one of the first images that comes up on google?
Or Edie is secretly some conservative dude off Twitter?

Yea, cuz male gymnasts and teenage cheerleaders routinely, and mainly, get paid by adult entertainment venues and on the whole dress up their cock and balls in leotard thongs and wear stripper heels.

#amiright

Happy Saturday night in the pub everyone.

Literally on Google images mate. First page. Once something’s been posted it gets screen grabbed.

I mean if you want to maintain that event didn’t happen and that photo isn’t from it… you might be right… I guess.

But say it did happen, and that is an image from it, would your feelings be that’s… appropriate?

Cos if I came to know that a bunch of Christian Brothers or Scout leaders or whatever were acting like that in front of children it would certainly raise a few concerns for me.

My general feeling is that if it’s sexual, it’s not for children. Clearly urban disagrees.
It’s on the first page is you add ‘sexualised’. Or maybe it just reflects your search history.

groom them
Ah yes, that thing The Queers Do, enabled presumably by all those (presumably at least vaguely straight) mums who've been brainwashed into bringing their kids for ritual sacrifice.

It's not about "defenders" or "attackers" btw, it's about treating this stuff as a conversation, rather than starting with the frothing outrage of tabloids and going from there.

Or at least it's not just "I did a search and came up with this image and I was outraged". It's frankly unbelievable that this very specific outrage campaign has somehow arisen independently.
We have had several pages of discussion on here about this and it's been in all the papers and on This Morning, so I'm not sure that it's a shock that Edie knew what term to google...

It’s on the first page is you add ‘sexualised’. Or maybe it just reflects your search history.
I didn’t add sexualised. But why would it matter? It’s clearly fucking sexualised. The edgy ‘take your baby to a drag show’ vibe is what it’s about :confused: That’s the reason it’s edgy.

Ah yes, that thing The Queers Do, enabled presumably by all those (presumably at least vaguely straight) mums who've been brainwashed into bringing their kids for ritual sacrifice.

It's not about "defenders" or "attackers" btw, it's about treating this stuff as a conversation, rather than starting with the frothing outrage of tabloids and going from there.
Apologist

Back
Top Bottom