Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

Just such a weird thing to take small children to… I just cannot get my head round it :D I mean just why would you? It manages to be both misogynistic and weirdly sexualised at the same time.

Anyway, whatever. Crack on defending it. This stuff won’t last long, and thankfully on the more substantive issue of concern re puberty blockers and children the Tavistock got shut down by a paediatrician.

Won’t prevent the absolutely enormous medical scandal that’s in the post unfortunately, when that cohort of kids get to be adults and the long term medical effects of puberty blockers and cross sex hormones becomes fully realised, and the regret and blame starts in earnest.

*shakes fist at the christmas panto

:mad:

disappointed in this fella

more so looking back at 70 years of british tv, news and media out put

lets ban dancing on ice and eurovision
But Dancing on Ice and Eurovision aren't being targeted at babies...

Why are you try to protect this quite frankly grotesque charade?

It's grown men gyrating in front of infants.

Someone will be on here defending P.I.E. next.

disappointed in this fella

more so looking back at 70 years of british tv, news and media out put

lets ban dancing on ice

British TV is shit. Fucking love island, Big brother, you are what you eat, Mrs Brown's Boys.

Fucking shite, it is.

And yeah. Let's ban dancing on ice too. And strictly.

"strictly dancing on ice I have talent drag race Essex on an island."

All fucking tribal he-said, she-said popularity contest, secondary school garbage vacuous CULTURE WARS bullshit.

All the "revolutionary" old men cheerleading this on this forum.

Fucking lol.... So subversive guys... well done.

And you got...
That image. Why do you have good grounds to think that picture is somehow staged? A group of actors got together somehow to… I dunno, fake it? I mean fuck knows, it’s possible I suppose. The mad thing is it’s more likely to be true :D

British TV is shit. Fucking love island, Big brother, you are what you eat, Mrs Brown's Boys.

Fucking shite, it is.

And yeah. Let's ban dancing on ice too. And strictly.

"strictly dancing on ice I have talent drag race Essex on an island."

All fucking tribal he-said, she-said popularity contest, secondary school garbage vacuous CULTURE WARS bullshit.

Fucking lol.... So subversive guys... well done.

tbf Mrs brown is rte

and I'm from Finglas btw so the odd Irish mammy stuff is more accurate than you would think

from a country with jimmy saville as a media star for 40 years

oh drag queens are going to ruin the state of the country

sounds like evangelistic ballocks from the state creeping over here

its the sort of shite i expect from Britain first back in the day on facebook

I'd much rather be the completely disinterested old man not being fussed about other people enjoying Love Island than the grumpy old fart whinging about it showing the decline of standards in society, tbh. The second one of those never seems to enjoy himself unless he's whinging about summat.

hqdefault.jpg

call the friggin police someone has started a culture war

Google Images has a source attached.

Let's not fuck about - we all know that was a screenshot coming from some US right wing source. I'm interested in exactly how it happened though.
Why don't you google it and track down the origin then?

What do you mean by sexualised? Are you claiming the performer is sexually aroused, or attempting to sexually arouse someone else? I mean it's just gymnastics in a silly costume isn't it?
Is it?

That's not how it looks and you would find it hard to argue that a half naked bloke "performing" in front of babies is just entertainment that has been misunderstood by all, but those who are doing the performance.

And you got...

(eta: this is a serious question, I'm wondering how these screenshots get around - they don't come from a primary source clearly, their site has been DDOSed)
Literally on Google images mate. First page. Once something’s been posted it gets screen grabbed.

I mean if you want to maintain that event didn’t happen and that photo isn’t from it… you might be right… I guess.

But say it did happen, and that is an image from it, would your feelings be that’s… appropriate?

Cos if I came to know that a bunch of Christian Brothers or Scout leaders or whatever were acting like that in front of children it would certainly raise a few concerns for me.

My general feeling is that if it’s sexual, it’s not for children. Clearly urban disagrees.

What do you mean by sexualised? Are you claiming the performer is sexually aroused, or attempting to sexually arouse someone else? I mean it's just gymnastics in a silly costume isn't it?
You are so far down the rabbit hole you’re unable to see what’s real or not. That’s a sexualised pose. It’s very clear.

tbf Mrs brown is rte

and I'm from Finglas btw so the odd Irish mammy stuff is more accurate than you would think

from a country with jimmy saville as a media star for 40 years

Ok.. first of all...

IMG-20230304-WA0000.jpg

And no one has said that drag queens are gonna ruin the state of the UK. I am quite partial to a (good) drag act, myself. But I'm a fully grown arsed adult.

Specific individuals who think it's appropriate to market this stuff to infants..like we don't have eyes... Well

You come across as the city people in the Hunger Games. #justsayin

Attachments

• IMG-20230304-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230304-WA0000.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
But Dancing on Ice and Eurovision aren't being targeted at babies...

Why are you try to protect this quite frankly grotesque charade?

It's grown men gyrating in front of infants.

Someone will be on here defending P.I.E. next.
they're gyrating in front of the parents
the babies happen to be there, and to them everything is great and new and marvellous, do they have a clue what is going on?
no
not a clue at all

oh comedian who went to school with my folks make us look like people from the hunger games

sound like the irish media idea of finglas back home

Is it?

That's not how it looks and you would find it hard to argue that a half naked bloke "performing" in front of babies is just entertainment that has been misunderstood by all, but those who are doing the performance.

But it's not aimed at the babies is it? The babies don't care. It's for the parents. A probably gay man performing to mostly women, dressed in exactly the same kind of outfit all gymnasts, circus performers and many dancers wear. Where's the sex?

I'm more concerned about teenage cheerleaders doing similar routines in front of Dads and teenage boys but funnily that doesn't seem to draw the same outrage.

Ok.. first of all...

View attachment 365495

And no one has said that drag queens are gonna ruin the state of the UK. I am quite partial to a (good) drag act, myself. But I'm a fully grown arsed adult.

Specific individuals who think it's appropriate to market this stuff to infants..like we don't have eyes... Well

You come across as the city people in the Hunger Games. #justsayin

oddly thats how Finglas is treated in the irish media

But it's not aimed at the babies is it? The babies don't care. It's for the parents. A probably gay man performing to mostly women, dressed in exactly the same kind of outfit all gymnasts, circus performers and many dancers wear. Where's the sex?

I'm more concerned about teenage cheerleaders doing similar routines in front of Dads and teenage boys but funnily that doesn't seem to draw the same outrage.
Gymnasts and teenage cheerleaders are doing routines in nothing but thongs and stripper heels :eek:

As a reminder note on the tone of this conversation, the people responsible for the show are two mums, one pregnant, who have been so thoroughly bullied they've gone to ground and switched off their social media presence citing stress. While I wouldn't want to gainsay people who have strong opinions on what shows other folk choose to take their kids to, I do reckon "think of the children" should also apply to the behaviour of people who gleefully jump on moral panic bandwagons. Which isn't theoretically causing stress to kids, but is doing so very factually and in a worst-case scenario, potentially fatally.

Back
Top Bottom