Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is now back to promising "safe zones" for refugees in Syria, looks like the honeymoon with Moscow is not going to be a long one.

WTF are you talking about? You can't have ever set foot in the US, or at least not far outside some rarefied community of political soul mates. Seriously.

"These clowns" whoever they are, using xenophobia to delegitimise Trump's election? Criticising the Russian government and Russian intelligence activities is xenophobia now is it?

Do you seriously equate Trump and his followers continuous demonisation of Muslim citizens and residents of the US, the attacks on them, their homes and businesses, the threats to place them on a national register, with criticism of the Russian government and Russian intelligence - neither of which are citizens or residents of the US? Fuck me!

McCain and Graham, war hawks? Are you saying the US should just "do a Chamberlain," or rather Trump should just "be a Quisling" to save putting Putin's wee nose out of joint? Fuck me . . .

Putin is Hitler now is he? I've tried to be patient with you in exchanges in the past but at some point you have to call it as you see it. You're an hysterical moron. And now, like many liberals seem to be, you're going full cinspiraloon on this whole Russian hacking Putin is going to take over Europe (which he'd have to to make your Chamberlain comparison valid).

Take a look at yourself, it's embarrassing.

The system prevented Bernie from being nominated instead of the establishment apparatchik, the system maintains Wall Streets interests at the expense of the interests of the bulk of the population, it also sent US jobs to China (not that I'm against the Chinese having jobs). The system permitted no alternative to all this within the 'acceptable bounds' (again- Bernie, who in the end bowed to the same system). Sooner or later the boil of what's wrong was going to burst forth in some form or other. Politics of frustration init.

Anyway, Trump's not killed anyone so far, as much of a swine as he comes across I reckon we should see what he actually does before acting like an American Mussolini has seized power. When he tries to do illegal things that's when it makes sense to fill the streets and demand impeachment or whatever, otherwise it's just another ugly colour-coded regime change (royal purple perhaps) that won't result in the desired outcome.

US presidents kill people. That's been true since at least WW2. Clinton would have done, too. Only question is which people, and how many.

As for using legality as your judging point, that's not a good guide.

Reactions: CRI
Guess the Chinese mean business:

A Chinese Navy warship has seized an underwater drone deployed by an American oceanographic vessel in international waters in the South China Sea, triggering a formal demarche from the United States and a demand for its return, a U.S. defense official told Reuters on Friday.

The incident — the first of its kind in recent memory — took place on Dec. 15 northwest of Subic Bay just as the USNS Bowditch, an oceanographic survey ship, was about to retrieve the unmanned, underwater vehicle (UUV), the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

China's Navy seizes American underwater drone in South China Sea

Aren't we lucky that Clinton didn't win the election? :rolleyes:

Trump threw a childish hissy fit yesterday on Twitter when Vanity Fair wrote a bad review of the Trump Grille, a restaurant in Trump Tower.

President-elect Donald Trump has a lot on his plate right now, but he managed to carve out critical time to launch a food fight with Vanity Fair after the magazine published a scathing review of his Trump Tower restaurant.

Trump Dishes Out Vanity Fair Tweet Tirade After Blistering Restaurant Review | The Huffington Post

Wonder how he'll respond when something happens, like, say.... the Chinese Navy seizing US military vehicles?

US presidents kill people. That's been true since at least WW2. Clinton would have done, too. Only question is which people, and how many.

As for using legality as your judging point, that's not a good guide.

There we go, Potuses kill people, always thousands, usually brown or black, occasionally white and slavic. So your point about Trump was?

My point re legality is in terms of people who are against Trump wanting to facilitate a dangerous precedent that in my opinion is out of line. They do fuck all in line as it is when the crimes are in the open. I won't be banging on about it though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/16/us/politics/hillary-clinton-russia-fbi-comey.html?_r=0

Narcissism

The Russians, she said, sought to “undermine our democracy” through cyberattacks on Democratic targets. She said the hacking into the Democratic National Committee and into the emails of her campaign chairman, John D. Podesta, were a result of Mr. Putin’s “personal beef” against her, pointing to her accusation that Russia’s 2011 parliamentary elections were rigged.

A serious international incident, first of its kind in recent times, and he can't stop talking about the DNC. :)

Ironically enough your short attention span and total lack of interest in examining anything in any depth whatsoever, breathlessly flitting from recent twitter outrage to recent twitter outrage reminds me of a certain political figure

I wonder if Trump is going to take that National Security daily briefing today?

I think if you were actually as concerned with the incident as you are acting like you are then you would be more interested in what the actual president is intending to do about it.

The actual president is having to clean up after a mess made by the President-elect.

I'm confident that Obama will be able to handle it - for as long as he remains in office.

The more pertinent question is what is in store for the world after the January inauguration?

The actual president is having to clean up after a mess made by the President-elect.

I'm confident that Obama will be able to handle it - for as long as he remains in office.

The more pertinent question is what is in store for the world after the January inauguration?

See, this is the problem with being like 'history is over, doesn't matter, everything in the past is irrelevant'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom