Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that article relate to YW's post?

It doesn't.

It's just an attempt to get the discussion away from something he isn't interested in - climate change - and back to something he is interested in: talking about Clinton and the Democrats.

The election is over. It's time to deal with today's realities.

It doesn't.

It's just an attempt to get the discussion away from something he isn't interested in - climate change - and back to something he is interested in: talking about Clinton and the Democrats.

^This. Clinton is a footnote in history now, or maybe several footnotes. But still, she's achieved past tense. Time to stop being butt hurt, move on, and get to work.

It doesn't.

Bullshit, I am deeply concerned about the ever decreasing possibility of human survival on earth. What you mean is that climate change to me isn't just a way to whack Dangerous Donald. Unlike you, DNC Zach understood that. DNC Zach knew that the DNC rigged the primaries and did everything in their power to get Trump nominated, thereby heightening the already staggeringly high existential threat to human life on earth. They did so to get Clinton elected, and Zach is right, they did it knowing that they would probably be dead before the worst effects of climate change are experienced, while people like DNC Zach and many of the rest of us are not. They played a game, very badly and incompetently and arrogantly. They lost that game.

Clinton, and what she represents, is not a footnote of history. If only that were true. Centrist Democrats are desperately trying to ensure that she is succeeded by a neoliberal Charter School-monger like Cory Booker, while doing everything in their power to keep out Keith Ellison. 'Going to work', I would think, would be ensuring that that does not happen.

Or alternatively Democrats could run on a platform of 'the poor are stupid, it was just fake news and Russia which stopped the inevitable and natural alliance of Wall Street, Silicon Valley and ethnic minorities'. It turned out that many of the constituent parts of that algorithmically imagined coalition wanted no part in it.

The Clinton camp didn't even really ask anyone for their votes. $300,000 on Hispanic outreach. No Spanish speakers in charge of that for months!!

$1,000,000 on trolls calling Soc Dems racist on twitter, facebook, reddit though.

Remember how the Clinton camp campaigned against Trump on the basis that he wasn't quite rich enough, unlike the billionaires who were backing Clinton? Incredible, just incredible. When I saw that I thought to myself 'this is what I would be saying if I wanted to lose', but even I thought that in spite of that she would win and win easily. Little did I know that these supposed masters of politics were actually fucking idiots.

The Donald can't get stars to perform at his inauguration. Even Sir Elton turned him down & he performed at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. Them smug Hollywood liberals...

Inauguration blues: Why pop stars won't play for Trump - BBC News

I guess every superhero need his theme music - Kanye Omari West

nEwjHug.gif

We've been here before . And learned sweet fuck all . That's the truly scary bit .

But THAT Donald was such a charming fellow. Actually though, the Bush Admin (mainly Cheney) browbeat the CIA into coming to the conclusions they thought would justify the attack on Iraq. Policy drove the intelligence, which isn't the way it's supposed to work. I've seen no evidence the Obama admin pushed the CIA to conclude Russia tried to help Trump. Looks to me like that's indeed what happened.

Yea, but he's good buddies with Putin. And Exxon has made tons of money from that relationship.....and stands to make a whole lot more.

Speaking of appointments, our brilliant new pres has picked this clown to be Secretary Of Energy, the department he couldn't remember he wanted to eliminate. What a freak show.

Reactions: CRI
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ails-hacked-tew-aide-typo-investigation-finds

In the run-up to the election, the US Democratic National Committee (DNC) received numerous phishing emails, the paper reported on Tuesday. One of them was also sent to John Podesta, the chairman of Hillary Clinton’s campaign. An aide, Charles Delavan, spotted the message sent to Podesta’s private account. It asked Podesta to change his password.

Delavan realised the email was a phishing attack and forwarded it to a computer technician. However, he made a typo, writing: “This is a legitimate email.” He added: “John needs to change his password immediately.”

I hate when I am randomly typing something, lose concentration and type out “John needs to change his password immediately.”.

But THAT Donald was such a charming fellow. Actually though, the Bush Admin (mainly Cheney) browbeat the CIA into coming to the conclusions they thought would justify the attack on Iraq. Policy drove the intelligence, which isn't the way it's supposed to work. I've seen no evidence the Obama admin pushed the CIA to conclude Russia tried to help Trump. Looks to me like that's indeed what happened.

Yes, because the United States is a banana-republic, thus the Russians did not consider it a waste of their time to influence the elections by releasing leaked emails about the internal workings of the DNC. It is good the CIA have waded in like this as well, what with their history of opposing foreign interference in nations political processes through deceit and dirty tricks.

If I were an elven warrior (4th level Mage naturally, astride my battle-unicorn and weilding Gzimliadore the magical sword of my ancient high-elf ancestors) then I would venture that the Russians identifying and eliminating a dangerous adversary through peaceful means that headed off (for now) the need for military defensive action down the line would probably deserve the remark "well played sir, well played" (especially now Russia and the US are adversaries as the US seems to be insisting upon).

All a fanciful distraction nonetheless.

In fact if the Russians had decided to use American democracy to neutralize a threat, they'd probably just pay the money like everyone else, it's legal and the US has the best democracy money can buy, so why not. Works for the Saudis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom