Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing, a self-proclaimed pacifist arguing for government money being thrown to the arms industry. The knots that some people will tie themselves into to "attack" Trump.

Still at least that nice Teresa May cares about arms workers, if those crazy far-lefties had their way they'd stop BAE selling weapons to the Saudis!

Amazing, a self-proclaimed pacifist arguing for government money being thrown to the arms industry. The knots that some people will tie themselves into to "attack" Trump.

Still at least that nice Teresa May cares about arms workers, if those crazy far-lefties had their way they'd stop BAE selling weapons to the Saudis!

I'm not arguing for anything of the sort, it's a hypethetical about jobs. . Jeez, the knots that some people will tie themselves into to "defend" Trump.

Seeing as you need things spelled out for you: don't you think that's a bit of a fucking understatement. Taxidermy is a distasteful profession. Building weapons of mass murder is a little bit more than that don't you think?

Yes, I do. Feel free to point out where I have ever supported the weapons industry. I'm putting this into the context of jobs - manufacturing, mechanics, engineers etc. Surely a lot of the employees would be working class - some of whom may well be Trump voters.

Lockheed Martin shares drop after Trump says F-35 program too expensive

When Trump's transition team was asked by reporters about Trump's tweet, the team said a clear message is being sent that Trump will fight for taxpayers.

Ok, but what about the thousands of Lockheed Martin employees who will probably lose their jobs because of this? :facepalm:

even by their logic its one of the most expensive and dubious projects. Seriously, just taken at a non political stance, everyone thinks the f-35 is fucked. It probably represents the last gasp of pilot operated aircraft anyway. But srs, look up on it, the whole thing from start to finish ish. Its a perfect example of military procurement following its predictable path. I mean, nobody should be building weapons to wage air war anyway but this? this project? Its nearly a textbook example of how business trumps actual use. The dodgness surrounding the whole lot won't go away. If 'half watching' me spotted thr complete shennaniggans, pork and pocket lining in the whole fiasco. then most will have. Building weapons for wars they won't have.

Thats not to endorse trump obvs, if it was in his head that day he might say the new jet was brilliant, the best jet, you have no idea how beautiful it is. At 100 mil plus per aircraft.

all bollocks and distraction

Yes, I do. Feel free to point out where I have ever supported the weapons industry. I'm putting this into the context of jobs - manufacturing, mechanics, engineers etc. Surely a lot of the employees would be working class - some of whom may well be Trump voters.
Vocal trident supporter. More Nuclear weapons = more jobs. Anything that produces jobs is good by me.

I'm not arguing for anything of the sort, it's a hypethetical about jobs. . Jeez, the knots that some people will tie themselves into to "defend" Trump.
No-one here has defended Trump (except possibly that conspiraloon weirdo) even a little bit. You and CRI are tying yourself in knots defending liberal capitalism from Trump. Liberal capitalism doesn't need defending from Trump. He's its greatest ever champion.

No-one here has defended Trump (except possibly that conspiraloon weirdo) even a little bit. You and CRI are tying yourself in knots defending liberal capitalism from Trump. Liberal capitalism doesn't need defending from Trump. He's its greatest ever champion.

As I said, I'm putting it into the context of jobs for ordinary Americans; which is what Trump is supposedly all about. I don't care for the weapons industry anymore than you do.

I wonder where the first nukes will strike?
10/1 There will be no war
15/1 Middle East(Iranian soil)
20/1 Eastern Europe (Baltics)
100/1 Russa
100/1 China
150/1 Usa (affiate country)

Should really do a poll for prosperity.
i'll have 40 quid on the first one, £27.50 the second, £21 the third, £4.35 on the next two then £2.91 on the last. so basically, whatever happens, you owe me nearly 340 quid.

Mathematics of bookmaking - Wikipedia

even by their logic its one of the most expensive and dubious projects. Seriously, just taken at a non political stance, everyone thinks the f-35 is fucked. It probably represents the last gasp of pilot operated aircraft anyway. But srs, look up on it, the whole thing from start to finish ish. Its a perfect example of military procurement following its predictable path. I mean, nobody should be building weapons to wage air war anyway but this? this project? Its nearly a textbook example of how business trumps actual use. The dodgness surrounding the whole lot won't go away. If 'half watching' me spotted thr complete shennaniggans, pork and pocket lining in the whole fiasco. then most will have. Building weapons for wars they won't have.

Thats not to endorse trump obvs, if it was in his head that day he might say the new jet was brilliant, the best jet, you have no idea how beautiful it is. At 100 mil plus per aircraft.

all bollocks and distraction
He also had a tweet pop at Boeing with similar losses in the share value of the company.

I'm no fan of the arms industry, but it does directly and indirectly provide employment for many thousands of people, often in areas where there are few alternative employers. Yes, bring in other industries to replace the job, doing or making things more beneficial and less harmful to society. But do that FIRST.

But Trump has no intention of doing that. He's just a.) seeing a quick way to save a buck that he can keep for himself or his cronies, b.) no need to spend so much on defense because Russia is an ally, c.) probably not even aware that jobs would be lost because he's not that bright, and even if he does know, he doesn't really care.

He also had a tweet pop at Boeing with similar losses in the share value of the company.

I'm no fan of the arms industry, but it does directly and indirectly provide employment for many thousands of people, often in areas where there are few alternative employers. Yes, bring in other industries to replace the job, doing or making things more beneficial and less harmful to society. But do that FIRST.

But Trump has no intention of doing that. He's just a.) seeing a quick way to save a buck that he can keep for himself or his cronies, b.) no need to spend so much on defense because Russia is an ally, c.) probably not even aware that jobs would be lost because he's not that bright, and even if he does know, he doesn't really care.

How does this person manage such a consistent output of nonsense?

the US has vast fields of aircraft mothballed and needing only the requisite refits and training to use against the foes they actually face yet projects like the f-35 zombie on tooling up for wars of...what? Its all a massive massive scam, the UK manufactor for export so does the US. One of the biggest rackets going. And the glory of it all is what is known of these bullshit projects is only what has been allowed to be seen for public consumption. All the brown envelopes and dodgy relations not known or half-known. All a massive scam.

ah but they've already sold more advanced planes to other countries than they have in mothballs, so they'd be vulnerable if they didn't develop more advanced planes to sell to other countries

How does this person manage such a consistent output of nonsense?
A silly tweet floating some nonsense has now become a fact that military spending is going to go down under the Trump presidency and with a Republican House and Senate causing huge job losses. It's crazy.

A silly tweet floating some nonsense has now become a fact that military spending is going to go down under the Trump presidency and with a Republican House and Senate causing huge job losses. It's crazy.

When Presidents in the past have been caught off guard (e.g. thinking the mic was off, someone revealing content of a private conversation, etc.) or have said something dubious (GWB was prone to this), the media, the markets, the people have analysed and re-analysed to work out what it means.

In this case, it may be "a silly tweet," but it comes from the soon to be President who frequently sends such messages not in unguarded moments, not in opaque terms, but deliberately and directly. He's used the medium to threaten legal action, to incite violence, to trash individuals and organisations (including at least one teenage student), and to state bald-faced lies.

Are folks supposed to just ignore stuff that comes out of the mouth (or thumbs in this case) of the man who will soon be President of the USA, like he's your teenage nephew spouting off about something from his bedroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom