Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
. But more worryingly because it comes from liberals it gets a clean bill of moral health in the mainstream .

McCain and Lindsay Graham are in on the act now too .

Never heard McCain described as a liberal before.

MCCAIN: And they have hacked. They have -- in the case of a little country called Estonia, they basically tried to cut -- shut down their economy for a while.

They have intervened -- here is a fundamental fact that -- and we may get to this later on. Vladimir Putin is a thug and a murderer and a killer and a KGB agent. He had Boris Nemtsov murdered in the shadow of the Kremlin. He has dismembered the Ukraine. He has now precision strikes by Russian aircraft on hospitals in Aleppo.

Let’s call Vladimir Putin for what he is. Does that mean you don’t deal with him or talk to him? Of course you talk to him. But you do it the same way that Ronald Reagan did. And that’s from a position of strength.

Face the Nation Transcript December 11, 2016: McCain, Conway, Sanders

Reactions: CRI
You said that the accusations are getting a clean bill of health from the media because they're coming from liberals.

Clearly, accusations are coming from non-liberals as well.

You said that the accusations are getting a clean bill of health from the media because they're coming from liberals.

Clearly, accusations are coming from non-liberals as well.

Yes, as I said now some non liberals such as McCain and Graham were getting in the act too. Your confusion is due to you being a thicko .

Yes, as I said now some non liberals such as McCain and Graham were getting in the act too. Your confusion is due to you being a thicko .

There's no confusion: you're off-base when you say that the accusations are getting a clean bill of health, because the accusations are coming from liberals.

Precisely . Trump and others used blatant xenophobia and conspiracy theory in an attempt to delegitimise Obamas election . These clowns are using the very same scare tactics , conspiraloonery and xenophobia to delegitimise Trumps election.

After Trumps own antics he can't really complain . But those of us subjected to this barrage of xenophobic bollocks have every right to . And it's not just Trump who's the target of this , his cabinet picks are having their "patriotic American values " publicly questioned by liberals as well . The scaremongering and demonisation of Muslims has just been replaced by more of the same this time focused on Russians . It's the very same bollocks . But more worryingly because it comes from liberals it gets a clean bill of moral health in the mainstream . Way more people will believe it .

This seems quite concerted . McCain and Lindsay Graham are in on the act now too . War hawks seem to getting fully behind this campaign of delegitimisation , emanating apparently from a CIA faction .Whiff of a coup about this .
WTF are you talking about? You can't have ever set foot in the US, or at least not far outside some rarefied community of political soul mates. Seriously.

"These clowns" whoever they are, using xenophobia to delegitimise Trump's election? Criticising the Russian government and Russian intelligence activities is xenophobia now is it?

Do you seriously equate Trump and his followers continuous demonisation of Muslim citizens and residents of the US, the attacks on them, their homes and businesses, the threats to place them on a national register, with criticism of the Russian government and Russian intelligence - neither of which are citizens or residents of the US? Fuck me!

McCain and Graham, war hawks? Are you saying the US should just "do a Chamberlain," or rather Trump should just "be a Quisling" to save putting Putin's wee nose out of joint? Fuck me . . .

WTF are you talking about? You can't have ever set foot in the US, or at least not far outside some rarefied community of political soul mates. Seriously.

"These clowns" whoever they are, using xenophobia to delegitimise Trump's election? Criticising the Russian government and Russian intelligence activities is xenophobia now is it?

Do you seriously equate Trump and his followers continuous demonisation of Muslim citizens and residents of the US, the attacks on them, their homes and businesses, the threats to place them on a national register, with criticism of the Russian government and Russian intelligence - neither of which are citizens or residents of the US? Fuck me!

McCain and Graham, war hawks? Are you saying the US should just "do a Chamberlain," or rather Trump should just "be a Quisling" to save putting Putin's wee nose out of joint? Fuck me . . .

Your post just pretty much made my point for me :D:D:thumbs:

McCain is very certainly a war hawk, with a long history of supporting wars ito effect 'regime change'. Casting this as some kind of 'good guys vs nasties' really doesn't work. Putin has many hundreds of thousands of deaths on his hands, primarily in Chechnya. But so does the US. The US is the single biggest threat here.

McCain is very certainly a war hawk, with a long history of supporting wars ito effect 'regime change'. Casting this as some kind of 'good guys vs nasties' really doesn't work. Putin has many hundreds of thousands of deaths on his hands, primarily in Chechnya. But so does the US. The US is the single biggest threat here.
I know McCain is not a dove when it comes to military action generally. There aren't many genuine doves amongst politicians in either of the US parties tbf.

The bit I'm not getting is the idea I've seen both from far right and far left folk that if HR Clinton had been elected, war with Russia would have been inevitable, so with Trump as president, war will be avoided so, yay. I really don't get why war would even be on the cards.

I sort of get the far right Christian fundamentalists wanting to join forces with Christian Russia to trample Muslims and Jews in their dream final crusade. I didn't think folk on the left were naive enough to think being palsy with a Putin led Russia would bring a workers paradise to this green and pleasant land (or the good old USA.)

Putting men with close connections to the top levels of Russian government into the most senior roles in the US government surely ain't far off rolling out the red (ha) carpet and inviting Putin to do whatever he fancies.

Although my only convos with Americans tend to be on gardening forums, there is an absolutely massive sense of paranoia and outrage that Russia practically handed Trump the election (somehow - but generally unspecified 'interfering')...and that Russia is actually a viable and potent threat to the US...Trump being bessie mates and all. Now I admit to being a bit of a naif here but really? Seriously? How?
Oh, and the utter fury at being 'interfered with'...from the most meddlesome nation on the planet which has, in many, many cases totally plundered other democratic elections, from covert funding to absolute military might...well, a sense of humility and self-awareness wouldn't go astray.

I know McCain is not a dove when it comes to military action generally. There aren't many genuine doves amongst politicians in either of the US parties tbf.

The bit I'm not getting is the idea I've seen both from far right and far left folk that if HR Clinton had been elected, war with Russia would have been inevitable, so with Trump as president, war will be avoided so, yay. I really don't get why war would even be on the cards.

I sort of get the far right Christian fundamentalists wanting to join forces with Christian Russia to trample Muslims and Jews in their dream final crusade. I didn't think folk on the left were naive enough to think being palsy with a Putin led Russia would bring a workers paradise to this green and pleasant land (or the good old USA.)

Putting men with close connections to the top levels of Russian government into the most senior roles in the US government surely ain't far off rolling out the red (ha) carpet and inviting Putin to do whatever he fancies.

You're just after comparing Trump to Quisling , complaing about the US " doing a chamberlain " ...which means Putin is the new Hitler...and then you've the brass balls to act all bewildered about why anyone would possibly think Clinton and her supporters would want war ?

You're blatantly taking the piss . McCain and Lindsay Graham are notorious war hawks . And so are the Clinton crew they're allied to. and you're just another one of those liberals who want a military confrontation you think will be consequence free . Your language reeks of it. You're mentality is plain for anyone to see .

Although my only convos with Americans tend to be on gardening forums, there is an absolutely massive sense of paranoia and outrage that Russia practically handed Trump the election (somehow - but generally unspecified 'interfering')...and that Russia is actually a viable and potent threat to the US...Trump being bessie mates and all. Now I admit to being a bit of a naif here but really? Seriously? How?
Oh, and the utter fury at being 'interfered with'...from the most meddlesome nation on the planet which has, in many, many cases totally plundered other democratic elections, from covert funding to absolute military might...well, a sense of humility and self-awareness wouldn't go astray.
Well, Americans have never been ones for humility or self-awareness, so I wouldn't expect a sudden conversion. :)

This series of tweets gives a longer timeline explanation. Will sound very hokey in parts to Brits, I'll grant you that.

A Patriot Game Theory

I wonder where the first nukes will strike?
10/1 There will be no war
15/1 Middle East(Iranian soil)
20/1 Eastern Europe (Baltics)
100/1 Russa
100/1 China
150/1 Usa (affiate country)

Should really do a poll for prosperity.

I wonder where the first nukes will strike?
10/1 There will be no war
15/1 Middle East(Iranian soil)
20/1 Eastern Europe (Baltics)
100/1 Russa
100/1 China
150/1 Usa (affiate country)

Should really do a poll for prosperity.

Farage has probably gotten the Brits off the hook.

Loved this one

I don't think anyone's doubting that there are parts of the Russian state that would attempt to influence the US election. It's just that without any evidence whatsoever of direct tampering with votes it's unlikely to have had a significant affect. It's also pretty fucking ironic the US being up in arms about it given their own long history of installing governments in other sovereign nations.

Who are the "far-left" that are making this alleged claim?

The whole Russia thing seems like just a distraction, but I don't know how it even became controversial to suggest there was some Russian or Russian-allied fuckery going on - I thought it was pretty much a given that Russia and China had basically hacked the shit out of everything possible and the US had done the same in return.

It's not as if there were 50 experts working round the clock in the Kremlin's Cyberwarfare Division hell-bent on hacking the Democrats for the glory of Mother Russia, seems more like somebody happened to guess that John Podesta's Gmail password was "H1LLARY."

But your argument seems to be that information announced by the CIA in a public announcement [as opposed to confidential briefings] is untrustworthy.

If the CIA had made a public announcement about the threat before 911 - would it have been trustworthy?
"If they had told us the truth, would it have been trustworthy?"
This is not a meaningful question. They didn't tell us the truth, then as now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom