Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you work full-time? What are your standard hours?

How many hours do you work per week (officially)?

• 40 hours per week

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 35 hours per week

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I work full time but my hours are not 40 or 35 hours per week

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • I don't work full-time but I want to join in

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

quimcunx

imprimeo, lamino, distribuo
This trial about 4 day working weeks seems to be assuming a 40 hour working week reducing to a 32 hour working week. I've always worked 35 hour working weeks. I do remembering noticing that some jobs were 40/w when I'd been job-hunting but always dismissed them out of hand. I've not job-hunted for a long time.

I am part time but our full time hours are being reduced from 37.5 to 35. This was agreed during pay negotiations last year.

My team do 37.5 hrs per week, with a range of starting & finishing times, at times a couple of them work 4 days instead of 5 and one does about 2 out of three Saturday mornings.
I hope that they can be flexible and not clock watch when a project demands that little bit extra - and I'll reciprocate with TOIL or an alternative reward.
However, I don't tolerate deliberate time-wasting, there's always a bit of cleaning or something that can be done at the end of the day. They do get a reasonable few minutes to pack up and wash hands etc ...

Personally, I work all sorts of odd hours - many of our clients have meetings etc out of normal business hours so I need to be fairly flexible.
In recent months I've done most of my admin WFH - although I do have facilities in my office there, it is difficult to concentrate with wood-working machines active in the same building !

35 at the moment, 9-5 with an hour lunch break. Most jobs have been 37 or 37.5 and I’m about to go back to 37.

I’ve never worked 40 hours contracted.

40 and has been for years.

When I first started work in London mid-90s, 35 hours was standard in the private sector due to the extra travelling time associated with living in London.

Then I worked outside London and it was 37.5. Next time I worked in London it had mysteriously suddenly become 40. :confused: 😢

36.5 excluding lunch breaks

39 including lunch breaks

Work 5 days a week. Finish an hour earlier on Fridays.

It's complicated. Teaching tends to be focused on classroom hours with the ideas that a full time week would have up to about 24 hours face to face Teaching. However then you also have all the time between classes. Prep time. Marking. Pastoral care etc etc. Most of that isn't tracked in the same way. Can get really awkward with timetabling.

Full time, but my hours vary depending on how busy things are - can be 50 hours some weeks and less others, so I adjust as I go.

I think the 5 day week at my place is 40 hours i.e. 5 x 8hrs. I work 4 days, so 32 hrs/week in theory.

Full time where I work is 37.5 hours, but I do 0.8fte (4 days) so it's 30. Would really struggle to return to 37.5 now and 40 would break me.

35, I think it works out as. Four 8-hour days with a half hour lunch break including one weekend day, and one 5-hour day with no break.

Back
Top Bottom