Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you own a dressing gown?

Urban seems to have a high rate of kimono ownership.
Real authentic kimonos cost thousands cos they’re only made by a family firm who’ve been making them for hundreds of years, and they take ages to make, so you either have to have a lot of influence or be on a long waiting list to get one

Real authentic kimonos cost thousands cos they’re only made by a family firm who’ve been making them for hundreds of years, and they take ages to make, so you either have to have a lot of influence or be on a long waiting list to get one
So Urban's going to be 70-75% faux kimonos, I would guess.

Get dressed after showering as soon as I get out of bed

For some reason the messageboard has lumped these two together because they're both from you.

Kimonos don't have to be authentic and expensive to be kimonos. It's just a style of dressing gown.

Is this unusual? Can’t do owt if I haven’t had a shower on my days off, so am dressed as soon as I’ve had a shower. If I’m working, I get up, brush my teeth and get on my bike to get to work.

I think most people like to lounge around a bit on days off, and often the house is a bit too chilly to walk around in the nude. Do you make your poor Dad avert his eyes?

Maybe what we have all/most got, is actually a bath robe? What is a dressing gown?

A bath robe is a subset of dressing gown, the umbrella term that also includes kimonos. If you're American a dressing gown is a subset of bathrobe. But either way, we all know the kind of thing we're talking about, and almost all of us do own them.

I can conclusively tell the Americans they're wrong, hah!

So Urban's going to be 70-75% faux kimonos, I would guess.

I did say "kimono" style dressing gown. I don't have an actual proper kimono, didn't claim to have one, and if I did I would not be using it for lounging around on the sofa.

I have seen evidence of lots of comfy velour winter dressing gowns with hoods this year when I've video called my students
I've also seen one racy baby doll nightie but I was trying not to look so I'm not sure if there was a dressing down with it

I think most people like to lounge around a bit on days off, and often the house is a bit too chilly to walk around in the nude. Do you make your poor Dad avert his eyes?

I don’t really understand the concept tbh. I only ever leave my room dressed in undies if I’m to fetch something hanging on the clothes horse that needs to be worn.

I don’t really understand the concept tbh. I only ever leave my room dressed in undies if I’m to fetch something hanging on the clothes horse that needs to be worn.

I am pretty much the opposite, I only get dressed in "outdoor clothes" if I really really have to go out. I'm mildly autistic and find a lot of clothes desperately constraining and uncomfortable, I have cats that always want to be on or near me so I have found being completely au naturel at home is impractical due to them bouncing off me like a trampoline when they are having a funny five minutes, or turning round and round to settle down (so I need to have some fabric between their feet and my skin), but I am certainly not going to sit around at home in going out clothes. The range of PJs and loungewear has expanded massively over the last year and I am bloody revelling in it :D

Last edited:
I am pretty much the opposite, I only get dressed in "outdoor clothes" if I really really have to go out. I'm mildly autistic and find a lot of clothes desperately constraining and uncomfortable, I have cats that always want to be on or near me so I have found being completely au naturel at home is impractical due to them bouncing off me like a trampoline or turning round and round to settle down, but I am certainly not going to sit around at home in going out clothes. The range of PJs and loungewear has expanded massively over the last year and I am bloody revelling in it :D
Even though I’ve had cats in my life for most of my life, I’ve never been a good seat for a cat as I can’t stay still long enough for them to relax. :( maybe I’m a dog person who just never had the chance

Back
Top Bottom