Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you dry your washing machine drawer every time you use it?

If you have a washing machine do you...

• Take the drawer out of the machine and dry it upside down on the draining board each wash? :mad:

• Open the drawer but leave it where it lives to circulate the air, to prevent damp crevices?

• Ignore the open/closed status of the drawer until it gets a bit mouldy then clean it? :cool:

• Ignore the open/closed status of the drawer until it's proper rank then clean it?

• Never think about drying/cleaning the drawer, what the flip are you on about?

• Never get chance, your washing machine is always running?

• Have a broken washing machine?

• Grow spuds in your turn-ups?

• Arse.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, we do, after every wash. Didn't use to until lesson was learned the hard way (mould).

My washing machine had a bit of a whiff going so I used a bottle of washing machine cleaner and now it smells worse. Fucked if I'm doing that again.

I thought this was one of your threads at first. One of your better ones at that.
Don't believe you. You thought it was one of mine, and got all ready to type out how it was terrible even for me, and then you realised it wasn't, and you were disappointed.

About the drawer thing:
I wash it when it needs it, which is about every six months. Bung it in the dishwasher.
I leave it open to dry out between washes.

I think I’d be pissed off about that too. Even if the drawer thing itself didn’t annoy me (it would) having someone ignore a note would enrage me.

I reckon that just leaving the drawer open is quite sufficient for drying it. Or maybe he wants to remove the drum and let that dry out properly each time too?

What’s the gel capsule scandal then?

The eating thing or the environmental scandal?

The eating thing, Google for “Tide Pod Challenge”. I can’t really do it justice in a single sentence.

The environmental scandal is self evident and ongoing: our mania for bright, antiseptically clean, fiercely perfumed, buttery soft clobber is pouring enormous quantities of dangerous chemicals into the waterways, from where it is impossible to retrieve. Add in the novelty of melty pod skins and we’ve made it all worse.

But since we’re now doomed anyway, we may as well see it out with clean underwear and bright shirts cuffs.

Didn't realise this was a thing either and never do. Use a liquid detergent in the drawer. The machine does have a cleaning cycle I've run a couple of times but thought that was for the drum/drain.

The eating thing or the environmental scandal?

The eating thing, Google for “Tide Pod Challenge”. I can’t really do it justice in a single sentence.

The environmental scandal is self evident and ongoing: our mania for bright, antiseptically clean, fiercely perfumed, buttery soft clobber is pouring enormous quantities of dangerous chemicals into the waterways, from where it is impossible to retrieve. Add in the novelty of melty pod skins and we’ve made it all worse.

But since we’re now doomed anyway, we may as well see it out with clean underwear and bright shirts cuffs.

I am aware of the environmental stuff (a lot of chemicals and other stuff eg. wet wipes that contain plastic ends up in our rivers), had never heard of the "Tide Pod Challenge" and I fear googling it may cause me to despair that we are ever going to get it together enough to tackle the environmental stuff, if people are happily ingesting those chemicals to video it and post on the internet to get attention.

I am aware of the environmental stuff (a lot of chemicals and other stuff eg. wet wipes that contain plastic ends up in our rivers), had never heard of the "Tide Pod Challenge" and I fear googling it may cause me to despair that we are ever going to get it together enough to tackle the environmental stuff, if people are happily ingesting those chemicals to video it and post on the internet to get attention.

Don‘t worry. It was mainly restricted to Americans anyway, who are doing their best to kill off their own children in any number of ways. The rest of the world may survive if America succeeds in their efforts it be first across the Self Destruct finishing line.

Don‘t worry. It was mainly restricted to Americans anyway, who are doing their best to kill off their own children in any number of ways. The rest of the world may survive if America succeeds in their efforts it be first across the Self Destruct finishing line.

By "our" I meant the people of the world and all the rivers and waterways therein btw. Not just my local ones, or ones in the UK. Just to clarify. :thumbs:

Dry it! :facepalm: I honestly never thought of that. Ffs, feel like a right div now. I do give it a wipe sometimes, not sure how to get it out without breaking it. 😬
So "none of the above" I think.

Dry it! :facepalm: I honestly never thought of that. Ffs, feel like a right div now. I do give it a wipe sometimes, not sure how to get it out without breaking it. 😬
So "none of the above" I think.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it - apparently some washing machine drawers get really manky, others can go for 10 years and still look fairly pristine.

I tend to feel like mine gets blasted with cold water several times during a laundry load, which is typically once a week - and that seems to be enough to keep it clean.

We might need to go into a bit more depth about what other factors might contribute to mouldy drawers.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it - apparently some washing machine drawers get really manky, others can go for 10 years and still look fairly pristine.

I tend to feel like mine gets blasted with cold water several times during a laundry load, which is typically once a week - and that seems to be enough to keep it clean.

We might need to go into a bit more depth about what other factors might contribute to mouldy drawers.
I tell you, this thread has been an education!

I don’t think I’ve ever used a washing machine drawer. If you mean the bit where you pour powder rather than throwing capsules into the drum.

I don’t think I’ve ever used a washing machine drawer. If you mean the bit where you pour powder rather than throwing capsules into the drum.

Aye, it is the bit that is still left in the washing machine in case anyone is still living in the 1980s.

(possible to use liquid or powder in a ball dispenser in the drum though).

Back
Top Bottom