Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you dry your washing machine drawer every time you use it?

If you have a washing machine do you...

• Take the drawer out of the machine and dry it upside down on the draining board each wash? :mad:

• Open the drawer but leave it where it lives to circulate the air, to prevent damp crevices?

• Ignore the open/closed status of the drawer until it gets a bit mouldy then clean it? :cool:

• Ignore the open/closed status of the drawer until it's proper rank then clean it?

• Never think about drying/cleaning the drawer, what the flip are you on about?

• Never get chance, your washing machine is always running?

• Have a broken washing machine?

• Grow spuds in your turn-ups?

• Arse.

Results are only viewable after voting.
As we use washing tablets they get put straight into the drum

As does anything else, eg Vanish for a white load

I've stopped using any conditioner so that's no longer a problem

As a result the drawer is virtually spotless - I think Mrs Voltz may still use it for conditioner

Not after every wash, no, but it does get wet and this breeds all kinds of grim black grime and mould etc after a while, so try to take it out and give it a wash every few weeks/months.

I've never even heard about this kind of nonsense before.

I guess it probably depends on whether your washing machine lives in some kind of cold damp place, or in a heated area.

I haven't thought about this for ages since we started using those (delicious) tab things. I did clean the drawer a couple of times over the years but only when I discovered it comes out entirely and is super satisfying to clean as it's all plasticky :thumbs:

Should one dry it and clean it regularly??? You been on mumsnet again? :hmm:

Anyway, some other relevant points for discussion.

Firstly, most people who buy capsules and things that go directly in the drum are mugs - but I think that's already well known.

Secondly, I never measure the amount of detergent that i put in the drawer. I ignore what it says on the detergent box/bottle and I ignore any markings in the drawer. Usually I put way less than they try and suggest you do. Nothing ever comes out of the washing machine "not clean".

Occasionally I will tip a bottle of washing machine cleaner into it via the drawer but other than that we use gel capsules. It hasn't been cleaned in the three years we've had this washing machine but it doesn't really look like it needs to be.

Attachments

• 20220527_141304.jpg
    20220527_141304.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom