Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DNA, finger prints cetera lost...

It's Friday night in non-Covid times, you are heading home after a pleasant evening out, a meat-wagon screeches to a halt next to you and a bunch of coppers pile out, one grabs you, twisting your wrist painfully, you yell at the cunt to let you go, so another one knees you in the nuts, you call him a cunt, boof and you're on the floor, cuffed and now in the van. At the station it turns out that when they grabbed you it was a case of mistaken identity, however you are now being held for affray in relation to your not unreasonable objections to being assaulted and kidnapped. It is now 6am Saturday, you are tired, hungover and want to go home. Plod tells you that you have two choices, accept a caution and go home immediately and hear no more about it, or stay banged up until Monday when they'll take you to the Mags. Obviously at the Mags your innocence will be proven, however you will spend the weekend in this shitty cell and not show up for work on Monday, still the police will kindly call your boss to explain your absence if you wish. Nine out of ten folk take the caution, not realizing that they now have a criminal record, are officially barred from travelling to the US, from next year will be barred from travelling in to the EU as well. If your job requires enhanced DBS checks you are now obliged to inform your employer, who may well feel the need to let you go.

Still, the force gets to claim a higher conviction rate, so from their point of view cautions are not all bad...

Your solicitor should advise you on the best course of action and the implications of each. Duty brief most likely and in this case would probably advise ‘go no comment and then provide a prepared statement in interview’. 80/20 the CPS wouldn’t run it given mistaken identity disclosure and body cam footage.

If you are stupid enough to say or do anything when held in a police station without talking to a lawyer then you deserve everything you get and more.

Last edited:
Your solicitor should advise you on the best course of action and the implications of each. Duty brief most likely and in this case would probably advise ‘go no comment and then provide a prepared statement in interview’. 80/20 the CPS wouldn’t run it given mistaken identity disclosure and body cam footage.

If you are stupid enough to say or do anything when held in a police station without talking to a lawyer then you deserve everything you get and more.

What happens in reality is that at 6am you are offered the chance to go home, you take it. If you want to wait for the duty solicitor that is your right, the filth will tell you there's a delay, it will be early evening at least. They do all they can to get you to accept the caution unless they are sure of getting you nailed down with a harsher nicking, that is their job.

What happens in reality is that at 6am you are offered the chance to go home, you take it. If you want to wait for the duty solicitor that is your right, the filth will tell you there's a delay, it will be early evening at least. They do all they can to get you to accept the caution unless they are sure of getting you nailed down with a harsher nicking, that is their job.
Does this still happen? Like in the 70s and 80s

It sounds quite serious, it sounds quite complex.

It sounds more intricate than Home Secretary Patel will be able to easily explain.

She is going to make a horlicks of it isn't she!

Last edited:
The PNC currently holds information on about 12.6 million individuals, and retains this information until either their 100th birthday or 100 years from the date it was first reported to police, depending on the intelligence category the information falls into.

So 150,000 isn’t exactly a drop in the ocean.

Well, if you were in hospital after an accident where you stuck a garden fork through your foot and the triage nurse said ‘ all the doctors are busy, you can wait and see one or we can wash the foot and give you some antibiotics and you can hone’ no one is going to have much sympathy if you did the later and your foot died and fell off a couple of weeks later.

Never say or do anything without a brief.

Anyway, if you are still locked up at six in the morning you aren’t going anywhere till at least lunchtime these days. coppers on nights will be trying to square away the jobs from the night that are still outstanding . Anyone in custody by that time will be a problem for some other team.

No ticks in the box for pubic order offences anymore. The sad fact is the old old bill, corporately and individuals don’t hate the majority of the people in the cells, but they don’t like them either. Truth is there is no real thought either way beyond basic safeguarding, no one gives much of a fuck.

Can’t say it enough, if you are in the police station don’t do or say anything without a lawyer and listen to what they tell you.

Last edited:
Does this still happen? Like in the 70s and 80s

Didn’t happen in the 70s, you probably would have got a few kicks and kicked out after breakfast. No messing arround with crime figures or cctv in the vans and cells then. ETA, it would have been a decent police canteen full cooked breakfast then though, no microwaved shit.

Last edited:
Well, if you were in hospital after an accident where you stuck a garden fork through your foot and the triage nurse said ‘ all the doctors are busy, you can wait and see one or we can wash the foot and give you some antibiotics and you can hone’ no one is going to have much sympathy if you did the later and your foot died and fell off a couple of weeks later.

Never say or do anything without a brief.

Anyway, if you are still locked up at six in the morning you aren’t going anywhere till at least lunchtime these days. coppers on nights will be trying to square away the jobs from the night that are still outstanding . Anyone in custody by that time will be a problem for some other team.

No ticks in the box for pubic order offences anymore. The sad fact is the old old bill, corporately and individuals don’t hate the majority of the people in the cells, but they don’t like them either. Truth is there is no real thought beyond basic safeguarding, no one gives much of a fuck.

Can’t say it enough, if you are in the police station don’t do or say anything without a lawyer and listen to what they tell you.

You don’t need to tell me, but the hero of our tale is a low abiding chap just having a pleasant evening out with some chums but now finds himself in a police station being offered an out. That happens daily and when a real conviction is dubious they purposely push people towards cautions by playing down the consequences of accepting one. The job of the police is to secure convictions, a caution adds to their tally.

You don’t need to tell me, but the hero of our tale is a low abiding chap just having a pleasant evening out with some chums but now finds himself in a police station being offered an out. That happens daily and when a real conviction is dubious they purposely push people towards cautions by playing down the consequences of accepting one. The job of the police is to secure convictions, a caution adds to their tally.

It’s people who haven’t been in the criminal ‘justice’ system before who need the advice about always always talking to lawyers. That’s why it can’t be repeated enough.

Caution and other non-court disposal shenanigans to fix the detection rate was a big thing in the late 90s and a massive thing in the 00s. Don’t count for much now as the Home Office realised finally, and incredibly late in the day, they were getting the wool pulled over their eyes by ACPO as was. Hence NSCR & NSIR and a tick in the box for a rubish public order offence being worth nothing to anyone. See the train crash in GMP a couple of weeks back. It’s all about ‘safeguarding’ - don’t get me started - and churning through non-traffic fixed penalty notices ...

Last edited:
Didn’t happen in the 70s, you probably would have got a few kicks and kicked out after breakfast. No messing arround with crime figures or cctv in the vans and cells then. ETA, it would have been a decent police canteen full cooked breakfast then though, no microwaved shit.
In the early 80s, a small town nick, without a canteen, asked me what I wanted from the Chinese takeaway. I though they were taking the piss so ordered the lot for a laff. Imagine my surprise when they turned up with the full order. Best. Nick. Ever. :thumbs:

All the same... ACAB :mad:

Last time I was nicked the cops assaulted another arrested and handcuffed man in the carrier. I know everyone has a nice cop story they wheel out but you very rarely meet anyone with two nice cop stories.
Hopefully Burglars don’t have more than one nice cop story.

Edited.

Last edited:
Last time I was nicked the cops assaulted another arrested and handcuffed man in the carrier. I know everyone has a nice cop story they wheel out but you very rarely meet anyone with two nice cop stories.
Actually, I do have a second nice cop story, but it doesn't balance out all the other shit stories, when the filth wankers did what they generally do, starting with me and a mate getting battered by two of the cunts when we were still nippers (that was the 70s).

Back
Top Bottom