Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

yeah, deliberately crap events will be the next big thing. like that Karen's Diner where all the waitresses are rude to you - the hilarity! - now you can go to a shit event that might go viral and say you woz there!
The thought crossed my mind. What we don't want is a trend of "deliberately bad". Karen's seems to have died a death after the buzz went away, and yet that won't stop the market from chasing that particular bandwagon.

This kind of thing is lauded and watched by millions when it’s Alan Sugar who is setting the business plan and the BBC who is filming the results of the hapless individuals pretending they’re now experts in a subject they’d never heard about five minutes previously
I don't think the apprentice is lauded by anyone. Millions watch it to watch delusional wanna be alpha types with zero self awareness and even less common sense, edited so they look even more delusional and lacking in self awareness and common sense, fail hilariously at basic sales exercises.

He wasn't made out to be the face of all evil, and if his friends and "the love of his life" left him then it wasn't just because of the backlash. That kinda feels like it was written by AI too, TBH.

He probably has received hundreds of hate messages though. I'm happy to laugh at him and I think he's a chancer who should definitely pay all the money back and pay his staff, but some people probably made actual death threats and tried to dox him.

1713297642224.png

Here's a new twist:

A circus has apologized after Photoshopping an image taken by a drone so that a serene lake appears in the background instead of a notorious neighborhood.

The East End of Glasgow in Scotland has a tough reputation and when the Big Kid Circus shared aerial photos of its location in a mall car park, locals immediately noticed something amiss.

“Wow. Never seen Easterhouse look so good before,” jokes David Pennie on Facebook. The Easterhouse area has a reputation for gang violence and poverty, the suburb would have been visible in the background but a loch (Scottish Gaelic for lake) was edited in instead.

“This circus at Glasgow Fort has really made Easterhouse and Coatbridge look glorious in the sunshine,” writes Catriona Stewart on X (formerly Twitter). “My mother’s house now seems to be under water but never mind.”

Big Kid Circus not only edited in a loch but also some splendid-looking mountains as well as a fake blue sky, the original photo had a more typically Scottish grey sky.

yeah, deliberately crap events will be the next big thing. like that Karen's Diner where all the waitresses are rude to you - the hilarity! - now you can go to a shit event that might go viral and say you woz there!

We've probably been here before, but it is starting to feel like irony is just imploding in on itself.

This has potential.

It's being held in a marquee behind the local football club. Tickets arr from £43.

For a Karoake singer.

My Facebook is going mental with people that want to go.
I just had a noted that they are not using the name "Taylor Swift" anywhere I could see on the site. There are references to "Taylor" and "Swifties"
It does have that smell of that Great British tradition of half-arsed temporary attractions.

But, perhaps an ornithologist, Dr Taylor is giving a talk on her favourite Apodidae, their migration and conservation, though as I write this, that would be more interesting, but not for £43pp.

She hasn't quite mastered that look of despondency. It's probably something that can only be achieved by living it.
It's the same woman as the original Glasgow one, probably having trouble recreating her Glasgow despondent look as she's just been flown to LA [& New York & Disney Land according to that article] for free.

Someone should really tell her how to set up a Liebig condenser though.

Last edited:
Disappointed customers slam Monster Truck event at Newcastle racecourse

A mum-of-one, who attended the Newcastle Monster Trucks event on Sunday, described it as "absolutely horrific". She said there were lots of unhappy people, most of which were leaving.
It was overhyped and it was unsafe and it was was underwhelming. I felt like I had been scammed really.
I saw wheelchair users coming in and I thought they are going to be disappointed. They're not going to see anything if they've got a wheelchair or a pushchair. They couldn't use the toilets either, they had about six portaloos in the middle of the field.
My other two friends stayed with their little boy and they said it wasn't worth staying. The trucks just drove around, went over a couple of cars and that's all they could do.
:D

It's the same woman as the original Glasgow one, probably having trouble recreating her Glasgow despondent look as she's just been flown to LA [& New York & Disney Land according to that article] for free.

Someone should really tell her how to set up a Liebig condenser though.
Not sure being flown somewhere "for free" to do a job counts as adequate payment tbh.

An acquaintance of mine nicked a Liebig condenser from his school chemistry lab with the express intention of using it as a bong. The shit that condenses on the inner tube bit knocks your socks off, by all accounts.

And that, my friends, is the extent of my Liebig condenser knowledge. I trust you've found this post educational and informative. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom