Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

The AI art was so laughably inept that they might have a believable defence in that respect, but I'm not a legal eagle for a massive media empire.

As for the ordinary punters who paid money to get in, how many of them knew what they were getting into?

I do think, spoilsport as it would be, these events need to have a trading standards person go round 24 hours before the opening of an 'immersive experience' and if the site is still very obviously a warehouse, car park, toxic waste dump etc, it's not an 'immersive experience' and it doesn't get to open

I do think, spoilsport as it would be, these events need to have a trading standards person go round 24 hours before the opening of an 'immersive experience' and if the site is still very obviously a warehouse, car park, toxic waste dump etc, it's not an 'immersive experience' and it doesn't get to open
How about Ha! Ha! Ha! It's The Chiropteran Vigilante Axis Chemicals Showdown Experience?

This, would Joe Public be confused and assume it's Willy Wonka? In this case, yes, of course they would.
I guess a lot of people still don't understand that anything that sounds a bit like a property, but isn't using the proper name, is going to be bullshit.

I also suspect a lot of people who booked this might not even have seen the awful AI-made website. If it was on local event listings pages they might have just 'Ooh, fun kids thing with chocolates, let's book that' and clicked via the listing.

I can also imagine IP lawsuits from the film makers and whoever markets the chocolate bars

So the fantasist behind all this probably doesn’t have legal liability insurance, or indeed a pot to piss in, which means he is hardly worth suing. Obviously, the IP owner would need assurances that he will never do this again, but that’s a given now.

But if I owned rights to a franchise based on a very popular but short and actually rather mean-spirited book, plus a shit sequel, I would welcome additions to the canon with open arms. And the Unknown is what the Wonkaverse needed all along. There is so much to be done with an evil chocolate maker who slinks between walls. Origin trilogies. Video game spin-offs. Duvet sets. A jukebox musical, on ice, with a bottomless brunch.

That’s the deal they will do, if they are smart. Absolute rights to the experience and all the scripts.

Its over, its no longer funny
Oh, I don't know. I quite like the idea of a film featuring The Unknown.

Loved this description, btw:

An AI-generated ad misled attendees into thinking they were forking out £35 for an “immersive experience” based on Paul King’s smash hit origin story starring Timothée Chalamet. Instead, they were ushered into a barely decorated warehouse some likened to a meth den, sparsely populated by vaguely costumed actors who quickly left, en masse.

Children were entitled to two jelly beans and a quarter of a cup of lemonade. The police were called and the event shut after half a day.

That would bugger my ‘ big escape from a warehouse into the car park’ immersive experience. You monster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom