Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

s-l1600.jpg

You can also buy this cardboard EVENT CANCELLED sign, currently going for £1,180 on Ebay
1709848576895.png

its not fraud its just not very good

You can be as delusional as you like, up to the point you try to sell the delusion to someone else. At that point objective reality becomes a factor and something that's pure imagination becomes fraud.

You can be as delusional as you like, up to the point you try to sell the delusion to someone else. At that point objective reality becomes a factor and something that's pure imagination becomes fraud.
This could be a road travelled if more companies set up and just use AI to create an event they can't possibly recreate. Willy Wonka could be a test case though I wouldn't put my hand in my own pocket (they did know the event on the poster wasn't going to be realised, the actors knew the promises couldn't be met)

Channel 5 the trusted, serious broadcaster to give this important issue the coverage it deserves imo. :cool:
I think Yesterday could put together a fine season of programmes the next time its current schedule of Nazi-flavoured history shows cycles out - get Robert Powell, Samuel West and Matthew Macfadyen booked into the recording booth for some Serious Gravitas, check out some solid choices from the Sombre and Serious shelves in the score library, piece together as much footage from social media, film some talking head interview footage with ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED patrons, and bob's your uncle:

• Seasonal Attractions: A Warning From History
  • I Was A Meth Lab Wonkidoodle
  • Winter Wonderworld At War
  • The Day Santa Was Punched In The Face
  • Billy Coull: Portrait Of An Idiot
  • Confessions Of A Smoking Elf
  • When The Jellybeans Ran Out
Absolute ratings smash, guaranteed.

It's someone who doesn't really understand business and with no knowledge of PR trying to do business. It's what Thatcher would have wanted.
I think he had a fair idea of what he was doing :) . Let's get the punters in by promising shitloads and charge them shitloads and meanwhile do all the planning that's needed to deliver .... err ... nothing really.

I think he had a fair idea of what he was doing :) . Let's get the punters in by promising shitloads and charge them shitloads and meanwhile do all the planning that's needed to deliver .... err ... nothing really.
Plenty of people are successful in doing that. But they tend to have more money.

I watched the documentary, and while I can't extend anything in the way of sympathy towards the organiser what with him having taken loads of money off people, it did seem to me that he might have issues with having grandiose ideas that he couldn't then carry out, which might be indicative of something that he might need some sort of help to deal with.

I mean, Alton Towers is brilliant if you like that kind of thing, but then queueing for two hours for a two minute ride, then rinse and repeat, you question the value of that compared with whatever this chap was trying to do.

It's someone who doesn't really understand business and with no knowledge of PR trying to do business. It's what Thatcher would have wanted.
This kind of thing is lauded and watched by millions when it’s Alan Sugar who is setting the business plan and the BBC who is filming the results of the hapless individuals pretending they’re now experts in a subject they’d never heard about five minutes previously

This kind of thing is lauded and watched by millions when it’s Alan Sugar who is setting the business plan and the BBC who is filming the results of the hapless individuals pretending they’re now experts in a subject they’d never heard about five minutes previously
Sometimes in life, there is situations.

I watched the documentary, and while I can't extend anything in the way of sympathy towards the organiser what with him having taken loads of money off people, it did seem to me that he might have issues with having grandiose ideas that he couldn't then carry out, which might be indicative of something that he might need some sort of help to deal with.
He seemed genuinely devastated by the whole thing. I agree with you that he's more incompetent than a deliberate scammer. I know of a couple of "creative" people who have big ideas, but absolutely no business/admin acumen. Luckily for them it's never been on this scale and with this amount of publicity!

TBH the willy wonka thing can only be good as far as these fly by night event organizers are concerned. The publicity this one got, in an age that's way more viral than the original Lapland New Forest era - can only serve to ensure that anyone creating a crappy day out can be assured it will go viral sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom