Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Blimey, I was I was in Bergamo a couple of weeks ago and walked past a small lego shop. They had more going on in the shop windows than they've got at The Biggest Lego Event in the UK.

MONSTER TRUCK MAYHEM

The event on Sunday was promoted as including monster truck and stunt shows, monster truck rides, a Viking village and circus workshop with a family ticket costing £20 along with a booking fee.

"We thought we were going to see several big shiny trucks with giant wheels parked up in a big arena that would drive around and show off a bit," she said.

Instead she said the only elements of the show her family got to see were "a small Viking re-enactment and two boys on motorbikes jumping over ramps".

To ice the cake...

Event organiser David Bailey said he thought people had not "read the posters properly...it was only advertised as monster truck not monster trucks," he said.

Already posted above, but this is what it makes it extra special :D

Event organiser David Bailey said he thought people had not "read the posters properly...it was only advertised as monster truck not monster trucks," he said.

Not an initially well-meaning but hapless effort, but an old-skool deliberate swindle from the start the brothers behind Lapland New Forest would be proud of :thumbs:

Already posted above, but this is what it makes it extra special :D

Not an initially well-meaning but hapless effort, but an old-skool deliberate swindle from the start the brothers behind Lapland New Forest would be proud of :thumbs:
Ah. Like the old Eveijg Standard adverts where you were offered "5 lighters for a pound" and got sent five matches in the post.

At least Poundland offer the real deal now. So fair play to them.

Facebook group is a binfire. :D

still can’t get my head around the fact that we paid £26.25 for 2x adults and 3x kids to enter a field… Upon arrival we spent just under £50 for 2x burgers, 1x hotdog and 3x chips to fill us up for a “jaw dropping day” to then realise that the only thing that would be dropping was my jaw (I’m still yet to pick it up off the floor too) after paying £30 for 5x regular sized slushes that you couldn’t even call slushes with how watery they were…

Also spent £15 on 5x bottles of squash and 2x cans of pop!
So a grand total of £120 (give or take) to see two motorbikes going over the same ramp a few times, an out of breath bloke doing a few tricks on his bike and not to forgot the back of thousands of heads whilst trying to get a glimpse of the monster TRUCK (emphasising the singular truck)

still can’t get my head around the fact that we paid £26.25 for 2x adults and 3x kids to enter a field… Upon arrival we spent just under £50 for 2x burgers, 1x hotdog and 3x chips to fill us up for a “jaw dropping day” to then realise that the only thing that would be dropping was my jaw (I’m still yet to pick it up off the floor too) after paying £30 for 5x regular sized slushes that you couldn’t even call slushes with how watery they were…

So a grand total of £120 (give or take) to see two motorbikes going over the same ramp a few times, an out of breath bloke doing a few tricks on his bike and not to forgot the back of thousands of heads whilst trying to get a glimpse of the monster TRUCK (emphasising the singular truck)
100 quid for a day out for a family of 5. Dunno what you're complaining about. :D

Interestingly enough, the actual admission price is not that bad even if the event was shit. £26 for two adults and three kids is something you’d forget about quickly enough, at least from a pure financial standpoint.

On the other hand, £50 for two burgers, three hotdogs and three chips would be acceptable at a gastropub or Byron-style restaurant, but most definitely not from some bloke serving them out of a van.

I can't get my head round people grumbling about the prices of shit food. It's not like they were forced to queue up and buy it.

1721127073019.png

Described as the UK's largest Hot Air Balloon Festival, it promised up to 25 balloons for Saturday night's "big balloon launch" and huge tethered balloons for photo opportunities throughout the three-day festival. However, visitors instead say they arrived at Tynedale Rugby Club in Corbridge to find just four hot-air balloons in a muddy field and an Elton John tribute act singing Status Quo.
There are no stands in there about balloon history, there's nobody telling you how the balloons work, it's just a blocked-off field with a few vans in it, and about 6pm they blew up a balloon and then let it down again. You've got all these rides and the kids want to go on them, because what else are you going to do for five hours while you're waiting for the balloons to take off?
It was absolutely atrocious, it was comical. In the adverts it said up to 25 balloons - where were all these balloons? She said people were disgruntled about the absence of communication about what was going on, and added: "I think we should all be refunded.

:D :D

So £25 for the tickets and £95 because you didn't pack a lunch?

View attachment 433564

:D :D
You'd never get that sort of thing happening at the FREE annual Bristol Balloon Fiesta :D

Largest? Bristol has something like 150 balloons I think, though there might be a larger one in the midlands these days that doesn’t get cancelled as much due to wind speed etc. because it’s not near the west coast. Plus we get balloons going up through the summer whenever the weather is suitable (went over the park with the kids and watched nine go up the other day).

7d01ecf0-5544-11ef-b90b-e9aa696b974f.jpg.webp

A month later, Kraft began working with songwriters on a show and convinced director Andy Fickman to join them.

He eventually managed to recruit cast members from the Gene Wilder film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, to join the project.

Back
Top Bottom