Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

It's great isn't it, got some fairly hardcore ride that four year olds can go on.
It is - genuienly was pleasently surprised, thinking it would be low key with one or two "big rides". the usual rip off for not much at all. instead there was decent roller coasters everywhere you looked, and as said the overal greenary and gardens were a big plus. recommended.

Glasgow has a new contender - Beyond Van Gough at the SEC..!

What a completely underwhelming, overpriced, exploitative rip-off. I love many of Van Gogh’s works and his story is incredibly tumultuous, heartbreaking and beautiful. But this was soul-less. Old people sitting uncomfortably on the floor, a few seats and sad, saggy beanbags. Toddlers running round and playing with IPhones and washed-out projections that didn’t come near to capturing the intensity and beauty of his paintings. I expected to be enveloped in intense, saturated colour but I felt like I was in a huge airport lounge with not enough seating. There were fleeting moments of beauty but mainly it just felt like someone was having a play on their drawing tablet, churning up the colours and ‘animating’ still pictures. I actually started to feel it was sacrilegious and wondered what on earth Van Gogh would have made of it all. Someone is making a shed-load of money out of this. And then we got charged a flat-rate fee of £12 for the car park. Icing on the cake. Unless you get free tickets and have a bunch of toddlers you want to let run around for half an hour in an aircraft hangar, give it a miss. Go to Kelvingrove instead.

Beyond a joke! A bizarre exhibition of an immersive experience that is reminiscent of the Glasgow's Willy Wonka chocolate factory. You walk into a room full of multiple quote's that you could find either on Wikipedia or a Van Gogh book surrounded by numerous golden empty frames. Fine to have some for a photo opportunity however this just seemed like a ploy to fill up space. You walk towards a smaller projected area before entering the main room which was underwhelming. Finally to a show of paintings resembling something that I paid great expense for. The build up beforehand was so deflating that this part came as a relief with some visual imagery, ideal for some more picture opportunities. The sound was in a foreign language at points and only seen a few deflated bean bag later on after sitting on hard flooring. Left to a very dark corridor with some more frames towards a gift shop. This seems to be a carbon copy of a previous Van Gogh experience and the posters are misleading.

Words could not possibly describe how utterly awful this was. The whole “immersive experience”, was nothing other than black curtains, plastic frames , a projector and wiki lines. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with a black SEC warehouse and wikipedia paragraphs, over and over again. Plastic frames , mirror frames, no paintings inside of them, no glass in the mirror. One would like to think this might be symbolic? No it was cheap and empty, symbolism was as empty as the room, non existing. After that, you are met with a projector with utterly terribly visuals and then onto the grand finale, a barely audible voice over of a foreign woman as Van Gogh’s paintings projected around the room. That was it. Bleak, awful an insult to Van Gogh.

Last edited:
I have to say I wuold have been tempted to check it out if I'd come across their website. That's a nice professional site they've put on :D And it looks like actual images of the exhibition, rather than an AI job.

Glasgow has a new contender - Beyond Van Gough at the SEC..!

Starry starry shite

Mlle Fire and Mini Fire went to the London one and said it was amazing.

They must have cut some corners or my 2 are easily impressed. I don't bother with stuff like this as I work in AV (not the forum) so can see all the workings which takes the magic out of it.

I went to Frameless in London which sounds similar and thought it was really good (though expensive). Sound and interactive projections.

I just came here to post about that.

"The awful Bridgerton ‘ball’ that charged fans $1,000 to watch a pole dancer and eat KitKats...

...last Sunday, a venue in Michigan, US put on an evening called The Detroit Bridgerton Themed Ball, and charged ticket-holders between $150 and $1,000 (£115-£750) to attend. The people who went ended up sitting on the floor, eating KitKats and forlornly watching the evening’s entertainment, which consisted of a solitary pole dancer working the middle of the room...

...In fairness, The Detroit Bridgerton Themed Ball promised a lot. According to the event’s still-active website, the organisers, Uncle N Me LLC, promised a “Bridgerton themed ball with prizes, giveaways and more. You’ll also get the chance to win the ‘Diamond of the Season’. Suitors in attendance will have a chance to win $2,000 cash for best dressed.” Some ticket-holders at the higher end of the price range claim that the event also promised dinner, a play and classical music."

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't recall Bridgerton featuring KitKats and a poledancer. :confused:🤣🤣

I just came here to post about that.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't recall Bridgerton featuring KitKats and a poledancer. :confused:🤣🤣
Extra cheeky points to the organisers for that. Not even bothering to offer an experience remotely relevant to the premise however pisspoor (such as the infamous Sad Oompa Loompa), but simply asking a dancer from the nearest peepshow club if they would do a pole dance in a warehouse to provide some content to paying punters :D

Extra cheeky points to the organisers for that. Not even bothering to offer an experience remotely relevant to the premise however pisspoor (such as the infamous Sad Oompa Loompa), but simply asking a dancer from the nearest peepshow club if they would do a pole dance in a warehouse to provide some content to paying punters :D
To be fair, raunchy pole-dancing vignettes (in the style of the Sopranos’ Bada Boom club) feature in nearly all of Jane Austen’s novels, so the presence of a stripper is entirely in accord with the elegance and decorum associated with the Regency period 😜

Back
Top Bottom