Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC v Chippenham Town, Sat 29th April 2023

I mean its not even hard to get started on this covering just the last few weeks...

Porter : Sent off at the death against Hungerford for shooting his mouth off. Suspended today when we needed him
Crichlow : Sent off against Hungerford for alledgedly throwing a punch at one of their players, after we had scored. Suspended today when we needed him
Raymond : Suspended today after totting up 15 yellows. Not there when we needed him.

You could write a book of 'how to let your club down' out of this season.

It's more than just those players though isnt it? This relegation was coming for a while IMHO.

Eta, im fucking annoyed by that penalty miss @ Gravesend. That would have made it 3 all and given us a shout at hanging on. And yes, i realise that kinda contradicts myself.

Not Paul barnes thought. Didn’t agree with rose sacking more trouble behind the scenes I have been told hak 2 teams in one season relegated will he stay on next season
Disagree. Now we’re not in the National League, the stewards won’t “have” to stop kids playing footie during the game. This is a win for the younger fanbase.
Unfortunately stopping kids playing football is because there’s no space to do it and I expect that to be the case next year. After all the Greendale end will be shut off at some point to allow building of the new stadium.

Unfortunately stopping kids playing football is because there’s no space to do it and I expect that to be the case next year. After all the Greendale end will be shut off at some point to allow building of the new stadium.
Ah well. There’s still the Turvey.
But going back to the “sad for the kids” point. Kids are pricks. They only want to see a winning team. Upper-mid table in the Isthmian and winning say 2/3 home games, and playing well doing so, they will enjoy far more than another dogfight to stay in Zero* Football division.

(*don’t know what the opposite of Total Football is, I’ve gone for Zero).

Just watched Hak's interview.

"It's been an honour and a privelage managing here" That does not sound like a manager that is staying

Also, just been relegated and you've got people on the pitch all smiley and happy. Says everything about your tinpot fanbase, not there for the football just there for a day out.

Oh my point wasn't that they were the only ones responsible for letting the team down. It was that you don't even have to think back more than 2 matches to find examples. A shambles of a season.
So many players let the team down. In the middle of the season there was long run of games where you just knew that once they'd let a goal in, a flurry of others would follow. Losing 'just' 0 - 4 instead of 0 - 6 at Worthing (for example) would have kept us up.

Just watched Hak's interview.

"It's been an honour and a privelage managing here" That does not sound like a manager that is staying

Also, just been relegated and you've got people on the pitch all smiley and happy. Says everything about your tinpot fanbase, not there for the football just there for a day out.

Erm, yeh except he literally ends the interview saying 'if I have the opportunity it'll be a completely different dressing room.' Hardly the words of someone who plans to leave ASAP.

I don't know what you're problem is with our club, or what you're getting out of this really. It's just nasty and unnecessary.

What is that supposed to mean? People enjoying themselves at a football match? Why else would they be there? At least they're fucking there. Those pictures could have been taken at any time this afternoon.

Monday is my 45th anniversary of my first Hamlet game and we were promoted as champions. Today we were relegated but there were nowhere near as many supporters that day as there were today.

I've experienced many highs and lows over nearly half a century but possibly the most depressing thing of all has been the bitching and snide comments aimed at younger, more recent supporters during the last couple of years.

Erm, yeh except he literally ends the interview saying 'if I have the opportunity it'll be a completely different dressing room.' Hardly the words of someone who plans to leave ASAP.

I don't know what you're problem is with our club, or what you're getting out of this really. It's just nasty and ununnecessary.
Don't feed the troll!

What is that supposed to mean? People enjoying themselves at a football match? Why else would they be there? At least they're fucking there. Those pictures could have been taken at any time this afternoon.
I'm definitely not alone in fucking hating the key jangling, but if you think it's great and not at all embarrassingly wanky, that's your call.

Monday is my 45th anniversary of my first Hamlet game and we were promoted as champions. Today we were relegated but there were nowhere near as many supporters that day as there were today.

I've experienced many highs and lows over nearly half a century but possibly the most depressing thing of all has been the bitching and snide comments aimed at younger, more recent supporters during the last couple of years.

Don't feed the troll!

I know! I just don't get why you'd actively choose to be horrible to people. Bizarre.

After the Covid money scandal hated the Vanarama National League anyways
also let's never play in quarters again
What is needed now is time to reflect, review and rebuild
but most importantly hope and positivity - not necessarily that we will bounce back, (Lets be realistic and honest) but that we can do things better on and off the pitch
In our despair tonight lets start tomorrow by being constructive going forward

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say, in the same way that you might have said “I really liked going to the game XX years ago because there was a fan culture I liked”, to now say “I don’t like going now because there’s a fan culture I don’t like”. Personally I’ve stopped going on Saturdays because there’s a fan culture I don’t like.

I mean its not even hard to get started on this covering just the last few weeks...

Porter : Sent off at the death against Hungerford for shooting his mouth off. Suspended today when we needed him
Crichlow : Sent off against Hungerford for alledgedly throwing a punch at one of their players, after we had scored. Suspended today when we needed him
Raymond : Suspended today after totting up 15 yellows. Not there when we needed him.

You could write a book of 'how to let your club down' out of this season.

None of them give a shit. For 5 years we've filled squad after squad of journeyman players who are dropping down the leagues. So few of them have anything they are trying to earn or work for. We've consistently cast aside those looking to further their careers, and this goes back to our Isthmian league games.

We need to building squads of Clarke's, Felix's, Faal's. Not washed up pricks.

Back
Top Bottom