Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Enfield Town v Hamlet, Sat 16 Dec 2023

Well that was clearly a terrible example of how to referee a football match, however I cannot express how much we owe someone a last minute winner. Positives to take from the performance but my word the footballing gods owe us a chance to completely screw someone over in the dying moments

Cant find a pub anywhere near that looks worthy of a detour. Might even drive to this.
If you ever hear me say again I'm going drive to a match in North London, just say "remember Enfield".

Seemed like every car owner in London was trying to get through the blackwall tunnel yesterday 🤦

Well that was clearly a terrible example of how to referee a football match, however I cannot express how much we owe someone a last minute winner. Positives to take from the performance but my word the footballing gods owe us a chance to completely screw someone over in the dying moments
Yes, it would be nice to win a game right at the death. There was the Margate game, when we fell behind in the 90th minute, then equalised during additional stoppage time caused by their substitute kicking the ball away and getting booked while we were already deep into stoppage time.

Every time we've won this season we've already been in front with at least half an hour to go, and sometimes ended up hanging on after our lead has been reduced.

I believe you are correct Paula. Last time I checked IRB amendments to Rule 12 stated any penalty area offence deemed a genuine attempt to play the ball is a yellow if a penalty is awarded. The position of the player is irrelevant.
I believe you are correct Paula. Last time I checked IRB amendments to Rule 12 stated any penalty area offence deemed a genuine attempt to play the ball is a yellow if a penalty is awarded. The position of the player is irrelevant.
Smashing somebody in the face wile hauling them down could never be an attempt to play the ball. Mills was 7 yards out. Could be nothing other than red. The Enfield penalty is a shocker, he’s turned his back and hits him in the back. Result decided entirely by refereeing errors.

Dunno if it’s because I’m getting old, but I thought it was pretty dark in the second half yesterday - were the floodlights particularly poor?

If you ever hear me say again I'm going drive to a match in North London, just say "remember Enfield".

Seemed like every car owner in London was trying to get through the blackwall tunnel yesterday 🤦
Always the way on a Saturday afternoon and it's worst of all at this time of year with the retail parks close by. (Take it from me, I live up the road!)

The Little Green Dragon was tremendous, though it was a bit more of a faff to get there than I remembered (walk back to Enfield Town then a bus).

The Little Green Dragon was tremendous, though it was a bit more of a faff to get there than I remembered (walk back to Enfield Town then a bus).
I was wavering over a visit, but I saw a 329 bus disappear round the corner just as I got to Enfield Town Station. A train due to leave in 5 minutes, plus my foul mood at the manner of our defeat, was enough to swing it in favour of the journey home.

Back
Top Bottom