Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC v Chippenham Town, Sat 29th April 2023

A disgrace to go down considering the position of strength we'd got ourselves into

complete lack of urgency today up until the 87th minute or so. Like they were expecting favours from Dover

A real shame, and no guarantee we will get back up to this level at any time soon. Just hope Hakan sticks around

Never begging to buy a pint but will buy any one a pint if talking football so gnar182 who r u. A friend of him 😂😂😂😂😂

Shush please, stop being odd.

Attachments

• D8ED6095-D5C1-48EC-B037-22E7B128C947.jpeg
    D8ED6095-D5C1-48EC-B037-22E7B128C947.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 0010AB5C-8CDA-4791-8E31-1984008EBEA3.jpeg
    0010AB5C-8CDA-4791-8E31-1984008EBEA3.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 29
  • FE5D1D2B-F9DB-402E-A888-77CCB38B495C.jpeg
    FE5D1D2B-F9DB-402E-A888-77CCB38B495C.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 90E4EAB9-AA77-4317-8F06-F6B9219293B1.jpeg
    90E4EAB9-AA77-4317-8F06-F6B9219293B1.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 1A2C4E9D-DFC5-4167-B12F-9D8357B96E9E.jpeg
    1A2C4E9D-DFC5-4167-B12F-9D8357B96E9E.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 21
  • BD6CD150-F6A2-4185-85B9-D79E8958BE8D.jpeg
    BD6CD150-F6A2-4185-85B9-D79E8958BE8D.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 19
  • A92E8578-C06D-41DB-8D9D-E2561C237DD9.jpeg
    A92E8578-C06D-41DB-8D9D-E2561C237DD9.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: EDC
Two words... Hashtag United...

Absolutely gutted, being pumped for 4,5,6 certainly didn't help. Massive changes need to be made.

Be good to put the Isthmian League championship ghost to rest next season, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pink and blue forever and all that

Small comfort is that I won't ever have to see some of those players in a Dulwich shirt ever again.

I think it says everything about this group that we've been relegated on goal difference. It's not the amount of games we've lost that's sent us down, it's the manner in which we've lost them.

They've underperformed for their wages, been the most ill-disciplined Dulwich side I can ever remember in 25 years of going, and there's been one or two very convenient injuries about as well, not to mention some players just not even turning up to matches (I hope they're tearing up Owusu's contract as I type). Felix, Holland, Jones, Quade etc have delivered and it's credit to them that they've performed in a very poor side, or at least put massive shifts in, but some of the rest are an absolute disgrace.

Fundamentally, what on earth we were doing offering some of them the wages they got and the year long contracts is beyond me. It was an appalling round of summer recruitment, the last in the series of a set of very bad decisions by the Gavin regime and it has sunk us. Others can take their share of the blame, sure, but that's two managers now, one of them the manager of the season last year, who have not been able to get enough out of this group assembled by the previous management. This kind of reckoning had been coming for so long and the club did not listen and did not react.

We must keep Hakan at all costs. Relegation stings, but perhaps this is the harsh, harsh lesson that the club needs. We'll see.

there's been one or two very convenient injuries about as well, not to mention some players just not even turning up to matches
I’m reminded of Wealdstone at the start of their decline at the end of the 1980s when several players on contract would turn up at the ground with an “injury”, collect their pay packet then bugger off. Not saying that’s happening at Champion Hill but the situation is ripe for exploitation by players who’d rather be somewhere else on a Saturday afternoon.

Small comfort is that I won't ever have to see some of those players in a Dulwich shirt ever again.

I think it says everything about this group that we've been relegated on goal difference. It's not the amount of games we've lost that's sent us down, it's the manner in which we've lost them.

They've underperformed for their wages, been the most ill-disciplined Dulwich side I can ever remember in 25 years of going, and there's been one or two very convenient injuries about as well, not to mention some players just not even turning up to matches (I hope they're tearing up Owusu's contract as I type). Felix, Holland, Jones, Quade etc have delivered and it's credit to them that they've performed in a very poor side, or at least put massive shifts in, but some of the rest are an absolute disgrace.

Fundamentally, what on earth we were doing offering some of them the wages they got and the year long contracts is beyond me. It was an appalling round of summer recruitment, the last in the series of a set of very bad decisions by the Gavin regime and it has sunk us. Others can take their share of the blame, sure, but that's two managers now, one of them the manager of the season last year, who have not been able to get enough out of this group assembled by the previous management. This kind of reckoning had been coming for so long and the club did not listen and did not react.

We must keep Hakan at all costs. Relegation stings, but perhaps this is the harsh, harsh lesson that the club needs. We'll see.
Name the players u think let the club down and what kind of wages do u think the players are on. Blame the 3 manager we had this season

Fuck it, while I'm at it: one of the previous duo was quoted as saying the other day that 'they hoped we'd get relegated so they could come back as heroes'. I'm not sure how much of it was jest, but just let that sink in.
I’m okay with that. Natural reaction. I got fired from Waterstones as a teenager and I’ve wanted them to go down in flames ever since.

Edit to add: like with Dulwich and Gavin, Waterstones we’re quite right to bin me. I did things to a flipboard presentation that shouldn’t be done.

Last edited:
Name the players u think let the club down and what kind of wages do u think the players are on. Blame the 3 manager we had this season

I mean its not even hard to get started on this covering just the last few weeks...

Porter : Sent off at the death against Hungerford for shooting his mouth off. Suspended today when we needed him
Crichlow : Sent off against Hungerford for alledgedly throwing a punch at one of their players, after we had scored. Suspended today when we needed him
Raymond : Suspended today after totting up 15 yellows. Not there when we needed him.

You could write a book of 'how to let your club down' out of this season.

Piss off will you, you don’t have a clue.
Oh dear shocking A clue about what EDC u might think u know everything but I’m sure u don’t. So for u and u only piss off. Sorry for everyone u reads this but he started the bad language ❤️

Back
Top Bottom