Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 pairs of shoes today from New Look.
Black plain pumps for work £12 and Pewter pumps with a slightly pointy toe for £20.:cool:

I bought some Firetrap jeans, a blue sparkly top which may go back, and a teal coloured dress, which unfortunately, is going back, due to the fact that it makes me look pregnant.

i bought a black pencil skirt, some boots from faith which are going back coz they're rubbish :mad: some warm grey woolly tight, some not so warm brown woollyish tights
still havent found any good boots, the search continues

A little black waistcoat from Red Herring...only £20!
Have wanted a waiscoat for ages so am chuffed. :)

Ohh also bought Benefit Boi-oing (or however its you spell it lol). You;re right Pootle, Benefit is ALL win. :cool:

I want some flat black possibly buckled boots for every day wear but can I find any in this god-forsaken tahn?! No :mad:

I WILL....find....them.

On the trail of a new pair of brothel creepers. It may have to be black. Again.:rolleyes:

..and another [second hand...or "vintage" :rolleyes:/ :D] leather from Camden. Tomorrow. :cool:

Black woolly jacket
Gorgeous black and white floaty thing (bought for a friend's fancy birthday party in a couple of months time.)

I have bought another leopard print coat!!! But this will be my one for *special* :)

I love it with all my heart.

I've taken a vow not to spend any money on clothes for the whole of October.

I did get a new coat in Debenhams but that doesn't count as I got it on my card, and the money won't be "spent" until next month.

It's this one, but in dark grey:

20070817_018010571433_LRG.JPG

Not so much a purchase as a 'make'. I've made a dress out of that skull fabric I posted about a while back. Couple of issues (like I didn't think too carefully when cutting it out so half the skulls are upside down :rolleyes: If anyone asks I'll say it's a design feature :D) and it's a bit gappy on the tits but if I wear a nice bra it can be a Brucie Bonus ;)

No pics as the camera is in Ireland atm :)

Yu_Gi_Oh said:
That's a pretty strong vow to take, you poor thing! :(

I know, it's killing me.

I have also vowed to eat healthily and not drink any alcohol, but I've caved in on that one by getting a beer and a curry for tea.

On Thursday I came of age sartorially-speaking and bought a ball dress. Fitted black with a thick row of sequins under the bust and actually a big fish-tail thingy. And yesterday I wore it to a real ball. With grown ups. And I didn't drink so much that I fell over or anything. I'm all growed up. :( but :) at the gorgeous dress. I do think I will probably never ever wear it again.

lillia said:
On Thursday I came of age sartorially-speaking and bought a ball dress. Fitted black with a thick row of sequins under the bust and actually a big fish-tail thingy. And yesterday I wore it to a real ball. With grown ups. And I didn't drink so much that I fell over or anything. I'm all growed up. :( but :) at the gorgeous dress. I do think I will probably never ever wear it again.

Ebay is your friend - see how much money you can recoup!

I bought a rather lovely violet short sleeved jumper and a blue and gold dress today (which I'll probably be putting on ebay soon :oops: )

felixthecat said:
Ebay is your friend - see how much money you can recoup!

Oh yes! I bought my daughter a prom dress from TK Maxx for around £32 and we sold it on Ebay for around £45 iirc. :cool:

bought a pair of doc marten desert boots - (genius combination) for £54.99 at a shop in colchester this afternoon

I didn't buy anything new for months and months, due to extreme skintness, then I realised I've got work interviews and meetings coming up, plus a show, it gave me all the excuses I needed.
Got a cowl neck jersey dress, some short biker boots and a long sleeve top from TK Maxx, then I went to Milan (to said show) they have a second hand bit for designers to get inspiration (i.e. for designers to bankrupt themselves buying stuff for themselves.) I got some ankle boots and sandals from a trader in there and some long black leather boots from Fiorucci, they're made on a jazz shoe sole by some dance footwear company I've never heard of, so they are really soft, like slippers. Then I went back to TK Maxx in Wood Green, again - a knitted dress by Manoush for £20 (funky London designer), silk Ronit Zilkha dress (she went bust recently) a couple of posh cardis and proper (i.e. not crap ones from B & Q) wellies for me and El Jugs, (we live in wellies here on the marsh - I've actually worn a pair out!). So I look a bit less like a tramp now. I love TK Maxx, there seems to be loads of good stuff in there at the moment, that usually says something about the (poor) state of the rag trade.

madzone said:
Not so much a purchase as a 'make'. I've made a dress out of that skull fabric I posted about a while back. Couple of issues (like I didn't think too carefully when cutting it out so half the skulls are upside down If anyone asks I'll say it's a design feature ) and it's a bit gappy on the tits but if I wear a nice bra it can be a Brucie Bonus

No pics as the camera is in Ireland atm :)

I pulled!!! Solely down to the dress and its gapey bits :D Everywhere I went it was a success and right now I'm trying very hard to feel good about not going home with a gorgeous man (due to me being married) but my god did I pull :)

A bag of navy machine dye for the white cotton sheets and covers I bought last week, (and some hankies if I can find them .. a new experiment to see if I can cut down on tissues for brow-mopping operations.)

... and some black dye for the next 2 years' supply of pants (only available in white or multicoloured).

There is no room in my life for either white, or random-coloured laundry - everything goes in together at the same setting.

madzone said:
I pulled!!! Solely down to the dress and its gapey bits :D Everywhere I went it was a success and right now I'm trying very hard to feel good about not going home with a gorgeous man (due to me being married) but my god did I pull :)

We DEFINITELY need pics now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom