Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

David Starkey "Salmond like Hitler".

danny la rouge

More like *fanny* la rouge!
Scotsman article.

HISTORIAN David Starkey has been accused of “offensive nonsense”, after comparing Alex Salmond to Adolf Hitler, in a bizarre rant against the First Minister.

The controversial academic also argued that, for the SNP leader, “the English, like the Jews, are everywhere”.

“If you think about it, Alex Salmond is a democratic Caledonian Hitler, although some would say Hitler was more democratically elected,” Starkey said during a debate in London earlier this week.

The comments drew unanimous derision from SNP, Labour and Tory figures in Scotland.

Does he get someone to look over his notes before he speaks?

what i dont get is the "you're insulting the whole of Scotland" line that the SNP spouted for this and the Economist frontpage. . monothought clique at its worst

what i dont get is the "you're insulting the whole of Scotland" line that the SNP spouted for this

But in a way they are right. Although Alex himself wasn't elected by the majority in Scotland his party, of which he is leader and ergo frontman/part of the package, WAS. So is Starkey suggesting that the majority is wrong?? I'm afraid the Scottish govt. was, imo, more democraticly elected than the current Westminster one.

But in a way they are right. Although Alex himself wasn't elected by the majority in Scotland his party, of which he is leader and ergo frontman/part of the package, WAS. So is Starkey suggesting that the majority is wrong?? I'm afraid the Scottish govt. was, imo, more democraticly elected than the current Westminster one.
There's not exactly Nuremburg rallies up here, Thatcher, NuLabour and ConDems have gifted him power by being unelectable. And even after WW2 people blamed Nazi subset rather than Germans

Does Alex Salmond burn books, ban art and music as degenerate, perfect industrial murder by honing killing methods on disabled children, imprison and murder political opponents or invade Poland?

He left any Hitler references out of his Observer interview!!!

Just mentioned in passing that he thought Salmond was an evil genius or something -- fairly restrained by comparison ....

I don't believe I've ever likened Salmond to Hitler. Can't speak for Sass. But Starkey's just generating publicity and you've bitten hard.
I've bitten hard by not talking about him at all?

And guess who this starkey/sass like loon is?

Right now I'm thinking that Salmond's anti-English rhetoric and actions bode ill for democracy in an independent future. Once Scotland's separated, he'll turn his ire elsewhere. It makes me think that Salmond wants to become a dictator.​

To the Sudetenland maybe?

Wow. If you look really closely you will see that an anagram of Salmond like Hitler is Hitler liked Salmon. Vegetarian my arse.

personally i like the idea of independance ,however the scottish government is still in its infancy , i dont think they could resolve an issue be it social,education,health or housing (esp edinburgh council CUNTS , imagine spending 800m+ on a tramline that had previously been decommisioned after moving a well situated ,established hospital with excellent care to a brand new crumbling building with mainly private/outsourced cleaning/staffing which cost us over budget AGAIN ...oh and then theres the scottish parliment building, i am no architechture but that is another over priced frace , alex the salmond does not have the brain power,sense or charisma to be another hitler . he has watched braveheart too many times me x

Back
Top Bottom