Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Darwinning formula: Liverpool FC 2023/24

Been an excellent coach for them. Fast paced punchy style of play. I think for the neutral he had a quite annoying whinging personality on occasions but I'd take that in exchange for the trophies.

Where are the shares in the club "publicly listed"?

Liverpool isn’t a PLC, but it’s not uncommon for PLCs not to be listed or for any shares to be tradable, while still being subject to the normal reporting requirements. Makes it easier to sell them on again or to relist, as and when that is the plan.

Fuckin' 'ell :eek:

If this truly is a pragmatic "out before I fall apart or the team falls apart", then fair play once again, and all the more respect.

Obviously it's a huge loss for the club, and the league, I'd say, but good things always end, and this is arguably one of the better ways for something to end (barring whatever happens over the next 5 months :hmm: ).
It just sounds like he's had enough of working at the highest level of football. I find his honesty refreshing - it must be exhausting having to live up to such great expectations year after year,

It also makes you realise that Alex Ferguson must have been one determined fucker.

He told them in November so they hopefully have someone else lined up. It’s actually great timing, to go out on a high with the team full of potential. It must take so much out of you, managing at that level.

It just sounds like he's had enough of working at the highest level of football. I find his honesty refreshing - it must be exhausting having to live up to such great expectations year after year,

It also makes you realise that Alex Ferguson must have been one determined fucker.
Indeed, on both points.

It's hard for anyone to 'give up' on something they love, letalone when there's so much public status and prestige involved. There's a lot of factors acting against you being that honest with yourself, and everyone else.

Interestingly, there's been a spate of high-profile 'resigning's on YouTube recently, with a number of very large creators saying "this has been great, but I'm leaving before I burn out entirely, I wanna go do other stuff".

Again, that's taking all this very much on face value, of course.

Obviously arguable the most remarkable thing about Fergie is not just that he stuck with it so long, but that he managed basically maintain the same level up to the end (although the writing was very clearly on the wall). There's plenty who stick around (or, more accurately, keep coming back :hmm: ) to continuing diminishing returns.

Klopp's great. He's been great for the team and the city. He gives good interview, like Mourinho but nothing like Mourinho. I'll be sad to see him go, it genuinely makes football a tiny bit less interesting.

I'll be sad to see him go, it genuinely makes football a tiny bit less interesting.
I'm rather hoping we'll still see/hear something of him in public, whether that's pitchside, in the studio, or elsewhere.

Maybe pickets, marches and/or rallies, given what his general politics seem to be :D

There's no shame in bowing out when you've just left the next manager a title challenging squad. The man know his limits, that's cool. We were also-rans when he took over. And I'm actually glad he told us now even if we finish 10th. Us reds owe him a debt of gratitude regardless. People say others won't 'get us'. They will. Ged did, Rafa did. But yeah we need to look after this man if I may say that.

Fuck the rest. We'll go out with the boss on a high. We know you don't jarg god save the queen in this country without come back. He's built the foundation. A great man and a great Liverpool man.

I think he was washed out lads. And win or lose he's the boss until june. We've a lot to play for. Multiple trophies you say? Ok if you insist you filth.

We're looking good lads. Win or lose. We're a proper club. I like doing it our way.

Seems apt to repost this (probably for the 100th time.)
Naturally I was gutted yesterday, but like others have said his reasons are extremely 'normal' (he's basically exhausted and wants to go home and have a 'normal' life).

It's just a bit sad, init.

Every now and again I remember how fucking sentimental every single Liverpool game is going to be between now and the end of the season and I give a little shudder.

Sky reporters are going to be completely head to toe black by the end. Armbands, suits, ties, balaclavas. The works. Big lacy hats. Sobbing into their microphones.

Should have kept it till the last week to minimise the mawkishness.

Every now and again I remember how fucking sentimental every single Liverpool game is going to be between now and the end of the season and I give a little shudder.

Sky reporters are going to be completely head to toe black by the end. Armbands, suits, ties, balaclavas. The works. Big lacy hats. Sobbing into their microphones.

Should have kept it till the last week to minimise the mawkishness.

1706347064684.png

The Boss has said himself not to make games about him but he's not daft enough to imagine there'll be a huge outpouring of emotion for at least a few of the remaining matches of his tenure; Norwich on Sunday, the League Cup Final, however many European nights at Anfield we play. I think he's gambling on it upping the atmosphere to - in his words - a hundred THOUSAND percent.

I just wonder when the players found out. I can't imagine they weren't told in November but I can't imagine that many people knowing without it leaking.

I reckon cards on the seats, last game, to spell out "thank you jurgen". Hologram of Cilla Black singing "happy birthday Mr president" to a bemused Kop and a grand recreation of the West Brom draw celebrations. Klopp leading a vindicated team to once again commemorate that famous point against the Baggies, his finest achievement.

I reckon cards on the seats, last game, to spell out "thank you jurgen". Hologram of Cilla Black singing "happy birthday Mr president" to a bemused Kop and a grand recreation of the West Brom draw celebrations. Klopp leading a vindicated team to once again commemorate that famous point against the Baggies, his finest achievement.

Get your official club branded 'Goodbye Jurgen' funeral wreath only eighty five quid from the club shop.

Back
Top Bottom