Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Czech v Croatia 18.6.21

Um, surprised they're letting him take this with that much blood on his face still.

Ha, and director very noticeably doesn't cut to the camera he just charged his bloody mug down :D

E2A: oh, ok, no, they saved it for the slow-mo replay :facepalm: :D

Last edited:
Oooooh, I am known for shouting at myself for exactly those sort of 'shots'. s'why I tend to stick to letting someone else do that ;)

Shallow post: I wish Croatia would play in their red and white chessboard kit. It probably means something horrible about blood and nation, but looks really good. :(

Shallow post: I wish Croatia would play in their red and white chessboard kit. It probably means something horrible about blood and nation, but looks really good. :(
Aye, it's definitely one of the little pleasures to look forward to in international tournaments.

They're the 'home' side, but I wonder if the Czech away shirt being white somehow inexplicably* trumps Croatia's right to wear their home kit so they have to wear the black one?

*there probably is an explanation for it

Aye, it's definitely one of the little pleasures to look forward to in international tournaments.

They're the 'home' side, but I wonder if the Czech away shirt being white somehow inexplicably* trumps Croatia's right to wear their home kit so they have to wear the black one?

*there probably is an explanation for it
I remember seeing the red and white kit soon after they became a nation and it was all the red and white squares. Marketing people got hold of it after that and the checkered bit got smaller and smaller. :mad:

Just realised we've also missed out on a load of great checks vs Czechs comments :( Ahh, what bantz we could have had...

Meanwhile, Perisic doing it for the squares :mad: :thumbs:

Missed the goal but back in my seat in time to see a celebrating Croat in a Scots bonnet. Is this an omen?

Just realise we've also missed out on a load of great checks vs Czechs comments :( Ahh, what bantz we could have had...

Meanwhile, Perisic doing it for the squares :mad: :thumbs:
Oh no, I spent ages trying to figure out if the spelling was check or cheque, as in some kind of Americanist 'checkerboard'. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom