Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Critiquing Oasis

lying wankers said:
“It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management, and at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used.

“While prior meetings between promoters, Ticketmaster and the band’s management resulted in a positive ticket sale strategy, which would be a fair experience for fans, including dynamic ticketing to help keep general ticket prices down as well as reduce touting, the execution of the plan failed to meet expectations. All parties involved did their utmost to deliver the best possible fan experience, but due to the unprecedented demand this became impossible to achieve.”
'help keep general ticket prices down'
🤣😂🤣

Not giving the money back though are you, you talentless profiteering wankers.

I should have just checked that before posting nonsense I guess.

Or just had a bit of a think…

But they must have other important things going on there. Like mowing the lawn.

Or changing all the lightbulbs in the floodlights, that must take a while.

Yeah, just had a look at The London Stadium and that has no gigs listed at all currently.

I was surprised when I was at the O2 to see someone in The (awful and terrible) Indigo Room by the many thousands and thousands of people arriving and leaving for Peter Kay. And it seems that it’s also a bit of a destination zone for locals: all the franchise eateries were really busy all night.

No way a comedian could fill a stadium but I hadn’t realised they get such enormous crowds.

Last edited:
I was surprised when I was at the O2 to see someone in The (awful and terrible) Indigo Room by the many thousands and thousands of people arriving and leaving for Peter Kay. And it seems that it’s also a bit of a destination zone for locals: all the franchise eateries were really busy all night.

No way a comedian could fill an arena but I hadn’t realised they get such enormous crowds.

It's a bit of a favourite for comedians, i was taken by a supplier to a black comedy night there and it was full, most of the comedians I'd not heard of but there was several thousand people there. Good night.

And yeah the crap chains are all really busy as well aren't they?

No way a comedian could fill an arena but I hadn’t realised they get such enormous crowds.
A colleague was there and apparently bought tickets two years ago! Wtf?!

It's a bit of a favourite for comedians, i was taken by a supplier to a black comedy night there and it was full, most of the comedians I'd not heard of but there was several thousand people there. Good night.

And yeah the crap chains are all really busy as well aren't they?

I guess folks round there are starved of anywhere else to go really. It’s like a Woolwich version of the homogenised high street in places like Reading and Slough.

It’s like one of the enormous shopping malls but without the shopping.

I guess folks round there are starved of anywhere else to go really. It’s like a Woolwich version of the homogenised high street in places like Reading and Slough.

It’s like one of the enormous shopping malls but without the shopping.

Yes it certainly is, but they've got the shopping covered as well!

This is just drivel.

Responding to the complaints over dynamic ticketing, the statement from the band said: “It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management, and at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used.

“While prior meetings between promoters, Ticketmaster and the band’s management resulted in a positive ticket sale strategy, which would be a fair experience for fans, including dynamic ticketing to help keep general ticket prices down as well as reduce touting, the execution of the plan failed to meet expectations. All parties involved did their utmost to deliver the best possible fan experience, but due to the unprecedented demand this became impossible to achieve.”
When people rob your house, maybe they should go on about 'delivering the best possible victim experience '.

The original advertised £150 to stand at the back of a stadium to watch oasis on a screen is obscene.
Michael Jackson tickets at Wembley in 1988 adjusted for inflation were £50.
They were taking the living piss with £150 .... so £350 for "premium standing at the back and cant see anything" is just ....there arent the words.... but hey its the free market and no one is forcing people to buy these tickets!
Its fascinating that people are prepared/pressured into paying this sort of money for big stadium acts - definitely some psychological thing going on... maybe its just national-scale FOMO?

The original advertised £150 to stand at the back of a stadium to watch oasis on a screen is obscene.
They were taking the living piss with £150 .... so £350 for "premium standing at the back and cant see anything" is just ....there arent the words.... but hey its the free market and no one is forcing people to buy these tickets!
Its fascinating that people are prepared/pressured into paying this sort of money for big stadium acts - definitely some psychological thing going on... maybe its just national-scale FOMO?

Wait, is premium standing a thing? I thought that was a joke when I read it earlier

It's sunk cost. You've already spent 5 hours waiting. So you're provided with a choice "lose that 5 hours worth of investment, or pay an extra £200 and get your ticket." Oh, and they give you a couple of minutes to make the decision, so no pressure kids.

It's absolutely scummy behaviour.

It's sunk cost. You've already spent 5 hours waiting. So you're provided with a choice "lose that 5 hours worth of investment, or pay an extra £200 and get your ticket." Oh, and they give you a couple of minutes to make the decision, so no pressure kids.

It's absolutely scummy behaviour.
oh yeah i appreciate that but people are usually very cost sensitive...put baked beans up by 20p and they'll stop buying that brand....put tickets up another £200 each....

...Plus sunk-cost fallacy after 6 hours, gambler-type adrenaline high when you finally get to the big-boss page and the clock ticking down “tickets available for 10...9...8...”

Someone on here (I think?) said they and a bunch of friends deployed a concerted approach over a number of computers, hanging out together over WhatsApp or zoom, chatting about the olden days, listening to Oasis, having a laugh while waiting. They didn’t get tickers and weren’t that fussed but had had a laugh anyway, and made a memory together of that time Oasis tickets went on sale lol.

I wonder what proportion of attempts did similar while inadvertently driving up the cost and tangling up the lines.

oh yeah i appreciate that but people are usually very cost sensitive...put baked beans up by 20p and they'll stop buying that brand....put tickets up another £200 each....

But you can go down the street to another shop / buy a different brand of beans. And may still have a last tin of beans at home.

Last edited:
But you can go down the street to another shop / buy a differential brand of beans. And may still have a last run of beans at home.

Plus anyone who can’t afford the tickets at the already not cheap face value isn’t going to be online waiting in the first place.

What was the original face value? I’ve lost track. But everyone was already saying it was high.

Plus anyone who can’t afford the tickets at the already not cheap face value isn’t going to be online waiting in the first place.

What was the original face value? I’ve lost track. But everyone was already saying it was high.

£140-150 for standing at Heaton park IIRC

In 2009 I went to the last oasis gig at heaton park and standing tickets were £43

I guess the other brand in this case is Noasis, who have apparently gotten increased interest since this shitshow happened.

Reminds me of seeing how capitalism works in real time at Glastonbury in ‘97. Traders had piles of wellies and the price surged up fantastically high, really fast, then dropped down to “free to take them off our hands so we’re don't have to cart them home and find a place to store them”, to worthless dumped and abandoned for landfill on Sunday night/ Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom