Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Critiquing Oasis

You can go to another website and buy tickets to a better band than Oasis tbf. :p

Pointless for those who wanted Oasis tickets though.

Eta.
I didn’t/don’t.
I go to gigs every week (3 this week, 4 last week). Saw Oasis back in the day and didn’t enjoy it because their essential knobbishness sucked all the joy out of the room. Felt like someone threw a fire blanket over me when they came on. I’m not their demographic.

Last edited:

This is just drivel.

Responding to the complaints over dynamic ticketing, the statement from the band said: “It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management, and at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used.

“While prior meetings between promoters, Ticketmaster and the band’s management resulted in a positive ticket sale strategy, which would be a fair experience for fans, including dynamic ticketing to help keep general ticket prices down as well as reduce touting, the execution of the plan failed to meet expectations. All parties involved did their utmost to deliver the best possible fan experience, but due to the unprecedented demand this became impossible to achieve.”
That's some Grade A gaslighting, isn't it?

They are just legitimised touts who care nothing for music nor music fans, they could be flogging soap powder or timeshares, that's how much it means to them.

The artists who allow this shit are just as bad and I am so sick of hearing, "the market knows best", bollocks. This is not supply and demand, it is sheer greed and profiteering.

A colleague's son got 4 at face value. He and his mates all got online and one of them was succesful, so they're going and they paid the price as advertised.

He wasn't born when Oasis were around, and only three or four when they split up, but he's a fan, he goes to see Liam and Noel solo. He loves Oasis, and lots of people his age seem to.

He's the only person I know who tried and got tickets.

I was DJing on Saturday afternoon and there were people dancing with their phones out waiting in the queue for tickets, which was a first.

I do wonder why so many people want to go, and I have concluded it is fear of missing out. This was hyped to shit and lots of people feel they need to be seen as having been there. It won't be historic unless something goes wrong, but it might (though probably not) put an end to dynamic pricing for concert tickets in future. In which case it'll go down as the last great rock 'n' roll rip off; which Noel will probably love because he is a cantankerous git with a very thick skin.

oh yeah i appreciate that but people are usually very cost sensitive...put baked beans up by 20p and they'll stop buying that brand....put tickets up another £200 each....
But this reunion is billed as 20 years in the making or whatever it is and they’ve waited for hours online for these hottest tickets in the world etc… not really like buying beans.

I paid £250 for a front row seat to see Prince on his 3121 tour. People reporting back that because he was on an elevated stage in the middle of the arena these seats were a waste of time because you couldn't see him.

I subsequently sold my ticket on Ebay from a pushy buyer for £70 who left me negative feedback before even going to the gig and ending up buying a ticket right at the back. I ended up watching Prince from a distance where he spent most of the show with his back turned to the area I was located.

The show which due to being a fan since the age of 12 I had waited all my life for was rubbish.

I did have another chance though. Prince is legendary for randomly doing after shows where instead of focusing on his hits he wacks it up to 10 with random funk and shit.

On the numerous dates he had played at the O2 he had not yet done an after show so I thought fuck it, not worth hanging around for. Next day I find out he did a storming after show :facepalm:

Worst.Gig.Experince.Ever.

Wait, is premium standing a thing? I thought that was a joke when I read it earlier
You are guaranteed a space to plant your feet on the ground. *

* This only applies up to shoe size 7. Sizes 8 and above will be redirected to the Standing Like a Stork Premium Ticket site (dynamic).

The lads from Oasis' Gran has let herself go.
He's beginning to look more like Keir Starmer's angry brother than Noel's. And that was pretty much kieth's expression when he heard Corbyn had kept his seat.

Excellent news:

The competition watchdog has launched an investigation into the Oasis ticket sales fiasco.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) will investigate Ticketmaster’s handling of sales for the band’s upcoming tour, including how “dynamic pricing” may have been used to adjust the price.

Initial excitement about the Gallagher brothers’ reconciliation soon gave way to dismay and outrage last weekend after fans complained that the prices for the 17 shows were increased without warning.

The CMA had said on Tuesday it was “urgently reviewing” the use of dynamic pricing after criticism of the “scandalous” price inflation. The brothers said on Wednesday that they had no input into how the tickets were priced.

It's fucking hilarious watching these idiots on the 6 oclock news at the mo bitching about forking out £500 for a ticket for this nonsense. Just don't pay. It's called surging, it happens across the board, not just gigs.

And I really want a refund for the all the fucking 'surges' I've ever paid for on Uber if Oasis get found guilty under the legislation.

It's fucking hilarious watching these idiots on the 6 oclock news at the mo bitching about forking out £500 for a ticket for this nonsense. Just don't pay. It's called surging, it happens across the board, not just gigs.

And I really want a refund for the all the fucking 'surges' I've ever paid for on Uber if Oasis get found guilty under the legislation.
I don't use Uber but it tells you up front right?

It doesn't wait until the guy turns up and then doubles the price does it?

Also in the case of Uber, the idea is to entice other drivers out on the road which then regulates the pricing back to normal levels.

In the case of Oasis, this is pure profiteering.
Tbf this will probably bring out a horde of other 90s bands for cash-in tours.

Blaming their management for it is pretty rich given that Liam's girlfriend is his current manager who has been credited in the press with negotiating the terms of the tour.

Price - Liam uses homophobic language in public
This bloke’s defence - yeah but he’s nice to his LGBT friends in private, so it does count
Price- Noel dissed Glastonbury for putting on Jay-Z
TBD - yeah but if a hip hop festival put on Oasis that wouldn’t be acceptable. As a guitar-band fan, I feel betrayed by Glastonbury, so Liam is right!

Etc.

Eta
His earnest pseudo-calm faux-academe stuff does get boring half way through tbh.
I must have missed the meeting about Glastonbury only being for guitar bands. They've been having jazz musicians, soul singers, rappers, international folk music etc. there for donkeys'. I saw James Brown there, for fuck's sake! And this was in 2006! Also, the Dance Tent is right there.

I must have missed the meeting about Glastonbury only being for guitar bands. They've been having jazz musicians, soul singers, rappers, international folk music etc. there for donkeys'. I saw James Brown there, for fuck's sake! And this was in 2006! Also, the Dance Tent is right there.

The Beastie Boys were there in 1994 too. In fact I distinctly recall the entire dance tent being given over to hip hop in 1999.

Distincly recall because I was working the then new bands stage and there was a festival wide instruction to hold a minute's silence at 11am on the Sunday for Jean Eavis who recently passed away but the hip hop stage obviously didn't get the memo, and all you could hear for miles around during the silence was this MC giving it all 'yo motherfuckers, wassuppp' etc. I had to stifle a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom