Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who liked Oasis?

Loved the first album and parts of the second were pretty good, too. It's been downhill ever since, although I do find myself liking the odd track (Stop Crying Your Heart Out and one or two others). I think they're irrelevant now, to be honest.

I loved them at first, but quickly got bored. Sometime hear their song played when walking past a car in traffic and I'm like, man that is soo 1990s.

I think a lot of artists were too scared to take them on verbally due to their popularity and their loud mouths.

It really was.. there really was something going on then.. it wan't like Travis had released their second album.

For me, that's exactly what it was. Oasis were nothing but shit. Lots of people liked them, but then lots of people liked Simply Red.

Loved the first album, it was the sountrack to the long extremely hot summer of '96 working and taking tonnes of acid in the Arava Desert. :)

I fucking loved them & am not ashamed to admit it, but I was disappointed by the 3rd album and didn't pay them much attention after that. If I was into lists I'd put Morning Glory somewhere in my top 10 albums of all times.
Wonderwall is a work of pure genius, the finest pop song ever. It's perfectly constructed from beginning to end - can't think of many songs like that.

Tedious rubbish and that includes the first couple of records . How you rip off one of the greatest bands ever* and end up sounding like a turgid piece of shit is beyond me .

* for the idiots out there this refers to slade not the fucking beatles

"Definitely Maybe" was a good, above-average album, "...Morning Glory" was just more of the same only not as good, and I stopped paying any attention after that.

on hindsight, i wish i was musically savvy enough to have rejected oasis when they first came out. instead i discovered them on the beat (think it was the beat?)
and fell in love with their whole persona. with oasis i felt i had watched their evolution from indie group to rock n' roll band, and this seemed to give me some emotional stake in their fortune.

looking back, even the first 2 albums have glaring problems (lyrically) and i often wonder what was the appeal of their music, til i get drunk and find myself playing rock n' roll star (one of their few timeless tracks).

Load of horse shit :)

I haven't listened to their first two albums (the only ones I have) for well over a decade, that says a lot. I confess to having liked them somewhat mid nineties though - that was largely a pissed singalong with mates thing mind ... :p

Pulp were best 90s Britpop wise.

fucking loved the first two albums next couple were patchy havenm't bothered with anything since standing on the shoulder of giants. Still listen to em a bit. Good band.

dave

First album was alright and they showed signs of promise and then it all just went a bit meh. But I guess I was taking the wrong sort of drugs for that kind of music by that point.

I liked 'Definitley Maybe', made a change from the rest of the guitar bands at the time, there was a lot of dullness around.

Thats mostly cos DnB/beats were where it was at then anyway.

Wonderwall is a work of pure genius, the finest pop song ever. It's perfectly constructed from beginning to end - can't think of many songs like that.

you need to listen to a lot more music then.

you could start with obvious Oasis influences like The Beatles, Slade, T Rex or Burt Bacharach
all of whom wrote better constructed pop songs with far superior lyrics
(OK maybe not Bolan on the lyrics but at least his gibberish was fun)

every man jack of the so-called brit pop bands were shit, they truly were the nadir of pop music in the past 50 years

First album OK, second a pile of shite with Noel and his 17 guitar tracks alone making this a painful experience. Their fifth studio album, 'Heathen Chemistry' I liked, recorded with a back-to-basics sound.

i didn't like them ever, i only like american bands really, english bands get it all wrong. there hasn't been a good english band started since about 1990/

Got really quite into them in their early days with my then best mate. Got the first 4 albums & a load of cd singles. Havent been able to bring myself to listen to them since his funeral though.

Back
Top Bottom