Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Critiquing Oasis

View attachment 440582

I was prepared to entertain his arguments…

Then I saw his face. I’m not a believer.
Grumpy sourpuss face. Bet he doesn’t even like cheese or puppies.
He's from my home town. Used to write record reviews for local paper, his old man was a DJ on CBC, Cardiff's own commercial radio station. He's so far up his own arse surprised you can see his dace!

Glad I saw them in Cardiff in 1997 in their heyday so wasn't tempted in the slightest to go through all of this weekend's hassle.

I bet the tribute bands will also do well with people falling for the hype and not being able to get tickets to the group.
Commiserations to everyone who didn't get a ticket, genuinely.

But if you're a fan and are only interested in the music (rather than lining greedy people's pockets), then there's always this alternative:

Electric Ballroom in London, for example, (good venue) - £22 and you'll actually see the band no matter where you're stood.

I'm going to see a Smiths tribute band next week and the atmosphere can be cracking at these gigs, so I'd recommend it.

She's always been contrary:

But her opinion piece is still an interesting read, if only for the fact that she brings up all the areas of criticism, but then doesn't address any of them (apart from the homophobia).

But yes, there's definitely two separate things going on: the band and their fans. I have zero interest in the band and their music, but their fanbase is more than just 40-something blokes reliving their long-lost youth; there genuinely appears to be youngsters who like unchallenging, uninteresting, meat-and-potatoes Rock from blokes older than their dads.

So, for them, it's not a nostalgia trip, they genuinely feel this fairly crude and lumpen stuff speaks to them in the 21st century. Which I find, frankly, incredible. But then, I'm not a parent, so what do I know about today's youngsters?

I'd expect nothing less from Mayo men.

They've recently sold their house in Mayo.. not the ancestral pile..but a house the brothers built for their mum about 19 years ago....
A house in the country..
Not a very big house ...in the country.
😁

They've recently sold their house in Mayo.. not the ancestral pile..but a house the brothers built for their mum about 19 years ago....
A house in the country..
Not a very big house ...in the country.
😁

Bluuurgh

So my other half somehow managed to bag two tickets for £100 each. They seem to already be priced at £1000 on the reselling sites. Cash out now while there's all this hype or wait till closer to the time?

I personally have no interest in going really,

So my other half somehow managed to bag two tickets for £100 each. They seem to already be priced at £1000 on the reselling sites. Cash out now while there's all this hype or wait till closer to the time?

I personally have no interest in going really,
Hold out for £2500, or 5 grand if the seats are close to each other. 😁

She's always been contrary:

But her opinion piece is still an interesting read, if only for the fact that she brings up all the areas of criticism, but then doesn't address any of them (apart from the homophobia).
In the same piece, she also says, "One thing Oasis never did is sneer at their fans, or (wealth aside), pretend to be any different from them."

Not sure if that´s true, since Noel is on record as saying that he sends his kids to a posh school, because he´d rather have them spending all day with the offspring of Russian oligarchs than coming home talking like Ali G. Is that what they call "keeping it real"?

Last edited:
Well we finally got in and standing tickets are now £350 due to "the organiser setting these prices due to market demand".

Absolutely fuck you. Cunts. I'm never listening to these manc twats again.
This is the real scandle and has apparently been going on for years. The nights I go to sometimes have tiered tickets, but I know what the price is up front. Making people wait and then add huge inflations to the price at the last minute is sickening.

This is the real scandle and has apparently been going on for years. The nights I go to sometimes have tiered tickets, but I know what the price is up front. Making people wait and then add huge inflations to the price at the last minute is sickening.
Actually the real scandal is my spelling of scandal.

Edit: Edited for another typo. I'm not drunk.

Last edited:
They issued some statement about touts and how tickets sold for loads more than face value would be cancelled and then did exactly the same thing themselves. It's just touting but done by Ticketmaster / Oasis (I don't care which one it is, they are both on my shit list).

It's not really the band's fault. I mean they were too expensive to start with I guess but the reselling market is absurd. Go take a look at viagogo. £350 is a bargain. Cheapest I can see right now is around the £800 mark. The area we seem to have our seats in is already at £1,500. Excruciating. Who the fuck pays that??

Back
Top Bottom