Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

critique of loon theories around banking/money creation/the federal reserve

Do you not believe in the existence of an international banking conspiracy then?

Actually "conspiracy" is the wrong word, because it implies secrecy. But the banks have been stealing the world quite openly, they don't need to bother with secrecy, because no-one seems to care what they do.
I don't think that the international banks are the ones calling the shots, that the poor little local banks, the poor little nation states are the victims of the evil banks. The trope of the international banking conspiracy is basically a pro capitalist and nationalist cliche, very often part of to xenophobic politics.

you've gotta give phil credit really this thread is performance art

If so, I'm not the artist.

In terms of debate, I've honestly never seen such a one-sided thread in my life. For those who can't be bothered reading it, it goes like this:

Jazzz: "Look the banks are stealing from us by inventing fictional forms of money."
Mob: "Stop blaming the Jews for everything, you anti-semite."
Jazzz: "No really, it's true. Look at this, and this, and this, and this."
Mob: "In 1937 Henry Ford wiped his bum with an article that used a similar phrase about Mrs. Goldberg's little boy. Why are you blaming the Jews?"
Dwyer: "Jazzz is right actually. Have you read any of these interesting new books that explain why?"
Mob: "Hahahahahahahaha... I'm mad I am.... down with Cicero...."

You can probably guess the rest.

The previous Hemphill article was bang on and so too is this one.
Deeper and deeper. I've lost count of the number of time jazzz has paraded his grandparent(s) fleeing nazi germany to cover up his wallowing in anti-semitism - here we find him enthusiastically endorsing the poisonous rubbish that forced them to flee. Here we see jazzz recapitulating the process with himself dressed in the nazi uniform. What on earth is going on in his mind?

Deeper and deeper. I've lost count of the number of time jazzz has paraded his grandparent(s) fleeing nazi germany to cover up his wallowing in anti-semitism - here we find him enthusiastically endorsing the poisonous rubbish that forced them to flee. Here we see jazzz recapitulating the process with himself dressed in the nazi uniform. What on earth is going on in his mind?
What's that quote about not understanding the past and being doomed to repeat it?

Part of the reason has to be the very power of that image, the nazi uniform, which makes us forget that right-wing theories about "international bankers" calling the shots were common across much of Europe and north america. So people nowadays can embrace all sorts of xenophobic theories while at the same time thinking "i'm not a nazi. I just think the rothschilds are running the world".

This post contains swearing and a link to buy a book. It's basically devoid of content.

It seems you can't take a hint.

I'm suggesting that there are in fact many such books--that is to say, books by bankers themselves--as well as many other books by critics of banks, that basically endorse, repeat and demonstrate exactly what Jazzz and I have been saying here.

In fact the last couple of years has witnessed a veritable tidal wave of such books. An avalanche of texts that anticipate, and in my case at least, strongly influence our diagnoses of the situation.

You should read them. Instead of poring over 1930s ghouls like Father Coughlin and madly, obsessively trying to sniff out anti-semitism where it so fucking obviously doesn't exist. Jesus Christ Almighty.

Part of the reason has to be the very power of that image, the nazi uniform, which makes us forget that right-wing theories about "international bankers" calling the shots were common across much of Europe and north america. So people nowadays can embrace all sorts of xenophobic theories while at the same time thinking "i'm not a nazi. I just think the rothschilds are running the world".
Yes, the formal/surface denazification of anti-semitism has proven very useful to the nazis and the anti-semites both.

I think the answer to my last question is either not very much or something very nasty.

It seems you can't take a hint.

I'm suggesting that there are in fact many such books--that is to say, books by bankers themselves--as well as many other books by critics of banks, that basically endorse, repeat and demonstrate exactly what Jazzz and I have been saying here.

In fact the last couple of years as witnessed a veritable tidal wave of such books.

You should read them. Instead of poring over 1930s ghouls like Father Coughlin and madly, obsessively trying to sniff out anti-semitism where it so fucking obviously doesn't exist. Jesus Christ Almighty.
These would be the bankers whose theories on how the economy works has led us to this situation, yes? And you want us to read their books and believe what is in them, yes? Even by your own abysmal standards this is pretty stupid.

It's no use to anyone if you just post up links to buy books. You need to do better than this if you're going to construct a case that'll win over anyone.

These would be the bankers whose theories on how the economy works has led us to this situation, yes? And you want us to read their books and believe what is in them, yes? Even by your own abysmal standards this is pretty stupid.
This is a contradiction that runs thorugh many of the loon like jazzz and the softer types too - it's all the bankers fault followed by here is a banker saying so. It's interesting that their perspective can also only work on the model of exposes by insiders to the secrets rather than any sort of critical investigation.

I think the answer to my last question is either not very much or something very nasty.
I think people like jazz are ones happy to be true believers, and to surf through life protected by the human brain's ability to safeguard its beliefs using confirmation bias and whatnot.

Plus the whole support network of influential people pushing this sort of thing.

This is a contradiction that runs thorugh many of the loon like jazzz and the softer types too - it's all the bankers fault followed by here is a banker saying so. It's interesting that their perspective can also only work on the model of exposes by insiders to the secrets rather than any sort of critical investigation.
Fits well in with conspiraloon theme tho - conspiracy exposed by insider! We ate babies with our bubbly!

There's a mini-industry of this stuff though, i bet the janitor who sweeps the floors in Goldman Sachs puts a book out exposing the secrets of the banking conspiracy, it's a good money spinner. If I was a banker who'd retired at 35 I'd see the appeal of doing that.

Back
Top Bottom