Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crap/Not Crap: The Cranberries

The Cranberries...

• Total voters
Y'know, seeing as Sugar Kane is clearly quite close to the band's singer, and is finding some of the posts upsetting maybe lay off them for a bit?

These threads are meant to be a bit of fun, and whilst I've no doubt that people are contributing in that spirit, it's clearly not fun for her.

Perhaps move on to something else, eh?

Can you not see the disconnect between me saying "urgh" in response to learning that your best friend made some pretty shitty comments about abortion -- because she was a practicing Catholic -- and yes, I do think there is a correlation between Catholics and pro-lifers which I won't bore you with the evidence of... and you turning that into me thinking "all Catholics are disgusting"... ?

You've lost it. Ignore the thread like you said you would. Here we're allowed to think the cranberries are shit AND diss the dead lead singer for whatever reason.

Can't agree with dissing someone for "whatever reason." Their music and their started opinions, sure. But laughing at someone for having a mental health breakdown doesn't make you look good, you know.

I really don't know how I managed it, I streamed a few of the songs mentioned here just thinking I'll have heard them but not known who it was but apart from Dreams because of the cover I really did miss their entire career it seems.

I lived in Liverpool at the time and Irish music and culture was hugely popular. The Pogues, U2, Cranberries etc were all massive and played to death in the bars. I had many a night out that would involve loud sing-a-longs to The Irish Rover or Fiesta. :thumbs:
Fuck off souljacker

ive just read the lyrics to zombie....who is being called a zombie here? Im interpreting it as the IRA are the zombies?

is it not the state/partys and paras from both side of the religious debate

not giving a shite what the people want

there's a nice Bugz in the Attic cover of (Fela's) Zombie I was listening to the other day (the whole LP this is off is worth checking out too - that rare thing, a charity tribute album that's actually good. Sade is on it too)

Interesting that both Ireland and Nigeria were fucked over by the British.
tbf, if you stick a pin at random in a map of the world, you'll likely have put it in a country that's been fucked over by the British.

I don't care one way or the other about the Cranberries, but that Jah Wobble album O'Riordan sang on helped me put my sanity back together after I was beaten up on acid, so I've got a fondness for her based on that.

tbf, if you stick a pin at random in a map of the world, you'll likely have put it in a country that's been fucked over by the British.

I don't care one way or the other about the Cranberries, but that Jah Wobble album O'Riordan sang on helped me put my sanity back together after I was beaten up on acid, so I've got a fondness for her based on that.
Is that the one with Ronnie Drew on it as well?

Oh fuck off, you know I haven't been doing that at all.
Look, we were chatting about enya yesterday, today we're chatting about Fela Kuti. Conversation works like that, it goes off at different angles, sometimes only tangentially related to the original topic. Were you really loving the on-topic posts so much that you think it's necessary to pull someone up for posting the wrong Zombie? It's not me who's being weird ffs.

it's pretty good:

Back
Top Bottom