Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Songs that can fill the dancefloor in the most contexts

I helped my mate DJ once when I was a student. He let me put Smells Like Teen Spirit on. If it had got to 9pm and was still a bit dead, that was your secret weapon back then. :cool:

Would it translate across now? Dunno. Young people seem to view the 90s like we did the 60s so ... maybe?
Jazzy Jeff has dropped it many a time in hip hop sets

Are 212 and Deceptacon guaranteed floorfillers in general, or just guaranteed floorfillers at any night where I'm part of the target audience?

The drum n bass remix of the Beastie Boys' 'Intergalactic' is one I've seen work well in some surprisingly non d&b contexts.

This is something I've been worry about for the past month. I'm djing b2b with a pal at his wedding next year. I've never properly dj'd live though done plenty of radio. The one rule his partner has told us is 'nothing weird', which has thrown us a bit.

Have been trying to come up with a large selection of bangers. Here are a few from the list we've come up with.

In the 80s, iirc, the popular tunes that would have us on the dancefloor would be

C'mon Eileen
Tainted Love
Just Can't Get Enough
Black Betty
The Love Cats
Why?

I really don't know. But if the DJ plays Ata Kak's Daa Nyinaa I am totally there.

Never actually happened though. DJ's - all of you! - what are you thinking!!!

For me it's more 90's/ millenium dance classics. 'Don't call me baby', Robert Miles, 9PM, Darude - Sandstorm, Mr Oizo, Basement Jaxx, etc

Back
Top Bottom