Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Songs that can fill the dancefloor in the most contexts

All of the alleged floor fillers on page one until ddraig's post (and weepiper's) would have me leaving the fecking building tbh!
Cotton Eye Joe used to fill floors, no idea if it still does

Saw sister sledge at the roundhouse a couple of years ago.
Was the most multi generational gig I'd been to.
So for 12 to 82 year old
We are family
Or
He's the greatest dancers.
Never seen so many people wearing glittery clothes, was fantastic night

Saw sister sledge at the roundhouse a couple of years ago.
Was the most multi generational gig I'd been to.
So for 12 to 82 year old
We are family
Or
He's the greatest dancers.
Never seen so many people wearing glittery clothes, was fantastic night
I saw Chic a few years back and it was the same. They played all the great Sister Sledge stuff. Absolutely fantastic night.

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary probably fits the bill
I remember at the height of my clubbing days, circa 1994, I was at Golden in Hanley one night, and there were the usual dance tracks being played. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the DJ starts playing 'She Sells Sanctuary'. The place went absolutely ballastic. Even hearing the song now sends the hairs on the back of neck on end.

I remember at the height of my clubbing days, circa 1994, I was at Golden in Hanley one night, and there were the usual dance tracks being played. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the DJ starts playing 'She Sells Sanctuary'. The place went absolutely ballastic. Even hearing the song now sends the hairs on the back of neck on end.
That was slightly before my time but spent a lot of time at Golden... I remember getting turned away at the door for not having black shoes around 99, Oakenfold was playing after Pete Bromley. I would've been 16 with a fake ID. I took my socks off and put them over my shoes. Walked straight in with a group of girls from school who also had fake stoke college ID's (printed and laminated by us).

I was driving home from seeing my Mum and Roachford came on the radio and I loved singing along to it. Proper Partridge stuff but there's something about knowing all the words to a song and yelling it out.

Back
Top Bottom