Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

been doing photoshoots this weekend, for listing in my etsy shop. really quite happy with the provisional results :)

19270497042_512481ffb3.jpg

19142625709_ceb5e71235.jpg

Traid, charity shop were having a clearance sale everything for £2 an item. So from rather mumsy looking skirt and a top that was too small, I'm making a new out fit for work - shortish trousers and top that fits.

Just taking a short break now.

anyone at a loose end fancies casting an eye over my shop? i had a few placeholder listings already but now i hope i'm good to go with finished photography/descriptions. can pm the address to anyone fancies a squizz :)

anyone at a loose end fancies casting an eye over my shop? i had a few placeholder listings already but now i hope i'm good to go with finished photography/descriptions. can pm the address to anyone fancies a squizz :)
pls send me a link.
By the way my niece loved your notebook that I bought her for xmas

What holds it in?
AFAIK it's mostly the tension of the split ring wanting to close up which holds the stone in place, am I right Shirl?

BTW I love the clean lines and the way it shows off the stone's colour.

I found out who owns the mill where I want the small workshop. I know him slightly but more importantly though, I used to rent an office from him in another building when I worked for Shelter and his PA was next door to to me. I got on ok with her and it's her who is in charge of lettings at the mill on the canal.
Anyway, I got in touch. I don't think I got any favours but I'm on the list. The unit I want has a tenant even though she never goes there. The two people I know who are already there are keen to put in a good word for me so I'm hoping I'm in with a chance when that unit or maybe another one comes up.
I'm really keen to cut one of (all of :() my paid days at work so fingers crossed.

I'm making this skirt but am totally cocking it up. I'm making it quite a bit shorter so bought less fabric and ended up with not enough so it's shorter still. To top that, I forgot to cut out two waistband pieces or to add the adjustment to the waistband that I did to the skirt :facepalm: and have no more fabric to put it right.

Emergency trip to the fabric shop tomorrow and fingers crossed they still have some :rolleyes:

I just want to have a whinge here. I have just applied to enrol at college for the silver jewellery making course next year and the course fee has gone up from £240 to £440 :eek::mad:
I expect the tories are behind this :( it's like they want to price the courses out of people's reach so they can stop running them. Apart from the tutor's time we get very little else for our money :(

I just want to have a whinge here. I have just applied to enrol at college for the silver jewellery making course next year and the course fee has gone up from £240 to £440 :eek::mad: <snip>
WTAF?
grrr.gif

I just want to have a whinge here. I have just applied to enrol at college for the silver jewellery making course next year and the course fee has gone up from £240 to £440 :eek::mad:
I expect the tories are behind this :( it's like they want to price the courses out of people's reach so they can stop running them. Apart from the tutor's time we get very little else for our money :(

You're probably right, as that's exactly what happened in the early '90s when they wanted to close some further ed colleges and amalgamate the rest. :(

Iced biscuits, which go here, because they were judged purely on the icing, not on the biscuit under it. The theme for the competitions in the Flower zone, including the bits run by West Norwood Horticultural Society) was "love is in the air". I'm not entirely happy with any of them, but they're okay, considering. Next time:
1) The icing needs to be a stiffer mix for piping, and I need a more piping practice, when less tired. Cleaner finish and more definition needed.
2) The royal icing (the sky in the second one) could be smoother, trying to dry the icing in a cool oven made the royal icing crack a bit. There were supposed to be 23 hearts in it (one for each extra council flat this estate will be left with after 306 have been demolished and over 500 have been built), but it turned into 25 and you can't pick bits out of unset royal icing without damaging the surface.
3) The mottled colours of the moulded icing isn't bad, however, it could have been a few shades paler for the thunderclouds, and had a bit more blue. Also, that thing I meant to be a thunderbolt looks ridiculously like a leg.
4) The shape of the biscuits could be better - they distorted from perfect circles when transferred to a baking sheet. Next time, roll and cut the biscuits on the baking parchment which will go in the oven, and remove the excess to reduce distortion.
tntdlv.jpg scg.jpg cpdfdr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom