Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

I am about to start tarting up this old stepladder.
Our kitchen units are stupidly tall and we can't get to the top shelves, so I want to to have a stepladder hanging on the back of the door...

Plan is to paint it blue black, with the steps stained wood.

And I need I change the hardware as it is all rusty and wobbly. But my google-fu is failing me- help! What are the hinges called! I can find them in the US called braces....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433708751.733301.jpg

eskdave this was at least partly your fault, in a good way.

I hope this is the final round of the selkie and the seventh wave. The thing wasn't my worst idea ever, but the long rows are so tedious that I can only make myself do it when either bored out of my skull or extremely stressed.
View attachment 72113 View attachment 72114
BTW please excuse appallingly stitched panoramic format image.

my worst was the moment i realised the sideways knitted border on my circular shawl may have only been 15 stitches on average but I would need to knit 18 foot of it.

and tis pretty

Your top shelves must be amazingly high if you can't reach them. Still, it all adds extra storage space. :cool:

<snip>I need I change the hardware as it is all rusty and wobbly. But my google-fu is failing me- help! What are the hinges called! I can find them in the US called braces....View attachment 72461
ViolentPanda have you got any idea?

toggle 18' of knitting? :eek:. Thank you, I didn't count the stitches, as it'd get scarily close to hobbit numbers, just worked it until it seemed the length and width it needed to be. Thought the final yard of the last row was never going to end, and then it did. :D

I am about to start tarting up this old stepladder.
Our kitchen units are stupidly tall and we can't get to the top shelves, so I want to to have a stepladder hanging on the back of the door...

Plan is to paint it blue black, with the steps stained wood.

And I need I change the hardware as it is all rusty and wobbly. But my google-fu is failing me- help! What are the hinges called! I can find them in the US called braces....View attachment 72461
ladder hinge? :hmm:

It shouldn't be this difficult, should it? V annoying.... May go up to blissets (bonkers family run hardware store in oval) and throw myself on their mercy

£30 quid. Fuck me I do choose the most ridiculous projects
It's an investment. Stylish yet practical, and easier to repair or maintain than an all metal set of steps.

BTW your work computer probably won't let you see Screwfix's sister catalogue "big stuff for men" (yes really!) either.

It shouldn't be this difficult, should it? V annoying.... May go up to blissets (bonkers family run hardware store in oval) and throw myself on their mercy

Yes, it's a fab old style hardware store with everything.
The old man's a bit 'mutton jeff' isn't he but there's not much he doesn't know about 'stuff'

Are those cakes? :cool:
Yes, and tea things generally.

I've got a dress in the same fabric - this is a remnant and I was just trying out the pattern to see if it would make a good top half for a dress, which I don't think it would, but as a blouse it's come out unexpectedly well.

It has a complex neckline that you can't really see.

I've nearly finished re-making a jacket out of a dress that RubyToogood kindly gave me.

It is in a lovely fabric, deep blue/purple colour and feels like suede, but Ruby is alot taller than me so as a dress it wasn't the right shape for me. It's beautifully sewn and fits me perfectly aound the bodice. I've cut it off at the hips and used the skirt to make sleeves, with just enough left over for 2 small inside pockets. I'm just heming the lining now, then putting in a double ended zip at the front.

Thanks Ruby!
Here's me wearing it to the cider tasting - well the back of it. Its lovely to wear.
11403358_10153960255272788_1028046266655337281_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom