Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

In the last couple of days I've made four envelope cushion covers with varying degrees of success. They look alright if you don't study them too closely. [emoji4]
39d92c9b5f79fe1b2d1ce1fafc0b10c0.jpg

eskdave this was at least partly your fault, in a good way.

I hope this is the final round of the selkie and the seventh wave. The thing wasn't my worst idea ever, but the long rows are so tedious that I can only make myself do it when either bored out of my skull or extremely stressed.
svnthwv.jpg svnthwva.jpg
BTW please excuse appallingly stitched panoramic format image.

I've nearly finished re-making a jacket out of a dress that RubyToogood kindly gave me.

It is in a lovely fabric, deep blue/purple colour and feels like suede, but Ruby is alot taller than me so as a dress it wasn't the right shape for me. It's beautifully sewn and fits me perfectly aound the bodice. I've cut it off at the hips and used the skirt to make sleeves, with just enough left over for 2 small inside pockets. I'm just heming the lining now, then putting in a double ended zip at the front.

Thanks Ruby!

I've nearly finished re-making a jacket out of a dress that RubyToogood kindly gave me.

It is in a lovely fabric, deep blue/purple colour and feels like suede, but Ruby is alot taller than me so as a dress it wasn't the right shape for me. It's beautifully sewn and fits me perfectly aound the bodice. I've cut it off at the hips and used the skirt to make sleeves, with just enough left over for 2 small inside pockets. I'm just heming the lining now, then putting in a double ended zip at the front.

Thanks Ruby!
I need to see this!

I've been making myself a plain black shirtdress out of cotton sateen, using the shirtdress pattern I've used a million times before.

I need to see this!

I've been making myself a plain black shirtdress out of cotton sateen, using the shirtdress pattern I've used a million times before.
You do really neat hand heming! I managed to reuse some of it for the sleeves' hems.
I'll wear it on our next outing, provided its finished.

Back
Top Bottom