Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

Started the central ring of the first pentagonal exploded lace motif of the Farpoint topper (Doris Chan). It's rated as easy, although it's in American terms so I'm having to look every other thing up as I go along. Aiming to get it finished by the end of summer. Ribbon yarn should be okay to work with in hot or sticky weather, anyway. There are only four motifs to the entire garment, worked with a 9mm hook. And I'm mentioning it here to stop it becoming just another work stuck in progress. :oops:
farpoint1.jpg farpoint2.jpg farpoint3.jpg

Started the central ring of the first pentagonal exploded lace motif of the Farpoint topper (Doris Chan). It's rated as easy, although it's in American terms so I'm having to look every other thing up as I go along. Aiming to get it finished by the end of summer. Ribbon yarn should be okay to work with in hot or sticky weather, anyway. There are only four motifs to the entire garment, worked with a 9mm hook. And I'm mentioning it here to stop it becoming just another work stuck in progress. :oops:

View attachment 55156 View attachment 55157 View attachment 55158

I love that pattern. The middle one I'd have just like that, hung on the wall or make it into a card.

I’m also into 3D modelling, designing and printing lately. This is not your typical hobby because it requires devotion and time to understand how this new technology works. But overall, it’s fun and profitable. In fact, we generated 50% of our income just by selling 3D printed gadget cases like iPhone made up of 3d2prin’ts rubber-like filament. We also design personalized items like belts & buckles, home items and car parts through OpenScad.

I've finally finished @buscadors pyjamas (they match a pair I made for myself earlier in the year) from the bargin silk I got yards and yards of when Atlantic Silks was having its closing down sale. We can now both look very elegant in our dark bright blue slub silk pjs.

I've finally finished @buscadors pyjamas (they match a pair I made for myself earlier in the year) from the bargin silk I got yards and yards of when Atlantic Silks was having its closing down sale. We can now both look very elegant in our dark bright blue slub silk pjs.
Any pictures? They sound lovely.

Actually, I think what we really need is a photo of both of you in your matching pyjamas! :D

Hello craft thread!
This Saturday, we're having a Make Day at the makerspace. The idea is to bring your projects and work on them in the company of like-minded people. Register (free) here: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/make-day-june-2014-registration-11785381393

It's also a good chance to find out about our new home and what we're all about, and maybe join us or influence our plans :)

I've been meaning to come along for a while. Thanks for the invite, I've just registed. I presume its ok to bring a sewing project, I could extra space / big table to do some cutting out? I'll mention it to my Hernehill stitch and bitch friends too, they are mostly knitters/ crochet/ quilters.

I've been out buying rather a lot of fabric. There's a really rather good fabric producer closing their doors, retirement rather than recession, and it's been sold off for a song. Here's some pics but it really doesn't do it all justice. There's enough to do my planned outside harem and most of the window dressing in my house for the price of a couple of pairs of average curtains.

davejuga.jpg

dyju6u4e.jpg

3a9u3yge.jpg

I'm making a bed. <snip> there are a lot of pallets and bits of wood and a sander and tools in the yard :rolleyes: What could possibly go wrong?
All you really need is a mattress-size platform a few inches off the ground, you've got enough materials to allow for a mistake or two, might as well try it. :cool:

Customising a t shirt tomorrow, taking it from a v neck to a scoop neck and putting ribbon round the neck.

Then decoupage on a box my sister gave me for this very purpose. I need to think of a purpose for the box so I have a theme. Maybe to hold my laundrette change.

Back
Top Bottom