Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

Just finished, but still seeking castors, so i guess I'm still 'working' on it...a chair I found in the street last year, I saw through the mould, scratches and rust and saw a thing of beauty :)
Landfill 0, Restorationman 1

Before:
5384420497_b1edf5501d.jpg

and after

6950366238_16f883d8b1_z.jpg

I used to crochet a lot when I was a teenager but haven't done anything for years...I picked up some really lovely wool and a crochet hook yesterday, though, and I'm looking forward to getting started with something simple like a scarf. Starting is slightly harder than I remembered, though :hmm:

I used to crochet a lot when I was a teenager but haven't done anything for years...I picked up some really lovely wool and a crochet hook yesterday, though, and I'm looking forward to getting started with something simple like a scarf. Starting is slightly harder than I remembered, though :hmm:

should come back to you pretty quickly, i've always found it way easier than knitting though harder to do while you're watching the telly :) i love crochet, that was really got me started on my crafty kick when kid1 was a bab. gateway crafts ftw :D

They're really well-made. What are the little holey things at the top? Are they ready-made for the purpose, made from Fimo or something cunningly used in a way not previously envisaged?
Thank you .The red holey things at the top are ready made, shoe eyelet type things,the brown holey things i made from FIMO.

I've found a biscuit tin of unused Fimo from years back, 15 to 20 years old probably. I hope it keeps.

What do you use to make it malleable? I used to use the armpit method :oops:

I've found a biscuit tin of unused Fimo from years back, 15 to 20 years old probably. I hope it keeps.

What do you use to make it malleable? I used to use the armpit method :oops:
I haven't used the armpit method before, but I sure as hell will be in future :D

Oh and I meant to say, if anyone fancies having a crack at the Swing Dress pattern that I abandoned, you're welcome to borrow it. It's printed on sturdy paper and you're meant to trace it off, so no need to cut it up. It covers sizes 8-26.

I will probably have another go at some point, but am working on an interview suit now.

my first two attempts are too big. i may need to find more easily recognisable silhouettes :(

i think this one goes down as a total craft fail :facepalm: *plans a trip to the art shop to buy stamps for tomorrow* :D

oooh nice geese cheers :D no flamingos or storks that i recall :hmm: crows and buzzards is where it's at :cool: (though tbf i could pick *any* old bird-shaped-object couldn't i? :D)

Back
Top Bottom