Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus - worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more

The politics of pandemics is about far more than what opposition parties make of it. Trump will be worried about the populace as a whole turning on his administration. And most of all I expect he worries that its going to fuck his sales pitch. Bragging about the economy is a big part of his routine. He will come out with a new framing of events if they reach a certain point, and the framing may be very ugly, he will either find someone to blame or he will say very odd things.

According to Trump America is well prepared with everything under control regarding the Coronavirus:rolleyes:

But - I think we can expect to see the Coronavirus situation being heavily used against the Trump administration by the Dems as there next method of attack, moving on from recent impeachment attempt and prior Russian coercion attempt to remove him from office.

Channeling Rush Limbaugh now - bit of a surprise :eek:

How do you feel about this quote from above?

and

You think criticisms of this are just party politics?

I’d say his statement could turn out to be bluster.

Trump is currently applying for $2.5 billion to fight Coronavirus, some of which would come from unspent Ebola contingency money, but looks like some are saying it’s not enough, not just Dems but Republicans who are dubbing this virus as a ‘black swan’.

I’d say his statement could turn out to be bluster.

Trump is currently applying for $2.5 billion to fight Coronavirus, some of which would come from unspent Ebola contingency money, but looks like some are saying it’s not enough, not just Dems but Republicans who are dubbing this virus as a ‘black swan’.

What's bluster? He's reporting that Trump fired the entire pandemic chain of command, with "other White House efforts included reducing $15 billion in national health spending and cutting the global disease-fighting operational budgets of the CDC, NSC, DHS, and HHS. And the government’s $30 million Complex Crises Fund was eliminated. "

makes the $2.5 billion look a bit small. So it's not just Dems who are concerned - but but but you said the Dems would use it against him.

If you look back in this thread and the Trump thread you will see I predicated this suggestion before the article you link and it’s subject matter.

Sorry to piss on your chips.

Hardly the point - you're channelling the same stuff as a batshit insane far-right republican. Pissing on your own chips there.

Hardly the point - you're channelling the same stuff as a batshit insane far-right republican. Pissing on your own chips there.

Not at all, the shock DJ in the article has also stated that Coronavirus is no worse than the flu and has a near full recovery rate, which is patently not the case.

So the dems will be quite right in their criticism of what he's done? Unlike your first statement.

I think it’s been clearly proven that the Dems are prepared to do anything to remove Trump from office, Russia collusion hoax, impeachment amongst many others.

As to whether the Dems will be justified in attacking Trump on his preparedness for this virus - that remains to be seen how this will pan out over there, but they may well be very justified. Even if Trump does keep it under control - history has already proved that the Dems will use it to their political advantage no matter what.

I think it’s been clearly proven that the Dems are prepared to do anything to remove Trump from office, Russia collusion hoax, impeachment amongst many others.

As to whether the Dems will be justified in attacking Trump on his preparedness for this virus - that remains to be seen how this will pan out over there, but they may well be very justified. Even if Trump does keep it under control - history has already proved that the Dems will use it to their political advantage no matter what.

I was going to say that indeed the Dems are generally crap, but you do love trump right or wrong don't you :thumbs: but sunnysidedown was much more succinct. :)

I was going to say that indeed the Dems are generally crap, but you do love trump right or wrong don't you :thumbs: but sunnysidedown was much more succinct. :)

Yeah, the Dems are shit and possibly tank the US economy worse than a pandemic could do.

I think American politics at present is more entertaining than Netflix :D but I’m not obsessed like others seem to be with Trump.

Anyone saying they consider Trump should be president of the US needs their heads examined whether trolling or not.

No more fantasist wibble on this thread please.

We in secondary care are fully expecting it to become a pandemic. My colleague and I were discussing it today- she wants to get it ASAP. Reason being that early adopters will have recourse to ITU if they get sick. If it really takes hold there will be no high-level care beds left if late or midwave victims get sick. Happy thoughts.

Bit of a mixed message here:

Dr MacDermott said that despite a high risk of the virus spreading throughout Europe, travel bans were not the solution. “With land borders and freedom of movement it does increase the potential for cases to cross borders, who don’t even realise they’re unwell yet or infected yet,” she said.

So open borders Europe poses a high risk, but travel bans aren’t the solution?

Bit of a mixed message here:

So open borders Europe poses a high risk, but travel bans aren’t the solution?

Travel bans will likely cause more harm than good.

The politics of pandemics is about far more than what opposition parties make of it. Trump will be worried about the populace as a whole turning on his administration. And most of all I expect he worries that its going to fuck his sales pitch. Bragging about the economy is a big part of his routine. He will come out with a new framing of events if they reach a certain point, and the framing may be very ugly, he will either find someone to blame or he will say very odd things.
Something I have been thinking about for a while - the politics of “pandemics” or more specifically, this one. It will be weaponised by those focused enough to make capital from it , irrespective of the actual body count

Back
Top Bottom