Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus - worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more

Everywhere looks good when you compare it to the UK (or US), though.
Yes. But I don't now if such countries experiencing a 'second wave' means much in terms of predicting what's going to happen in the UK, because the pattern of their outbreak so far has been so different. I'll start worrying when a clear second wave becomes apparent somewhere like Italy or Spain.

And we're back in lockdown.... sigh..

It's so interesting how different countries and states are responding differently to similar case numbers. Whilst the UK seems to be happy to open up with "low" numbers - so long as it doesn't overwhelm hospitals etc. - I suppose our new lockdown in Melbourne suggests Dan Andrews wants us to eliminate the virus. I guess I'm happy with that if it limits deaths and suffering in the long term. Still, it sucks.

Yep... going by the gung-ho reaction to the Flemington out break they are looking for a zero cases like other states ??

Bolsonaro has it apparently (again?)

The President's office said he expects to receive the results on Tuesday.

Many opponents of Bolsonaro were openly hoping for those results to be positive, with the President's son, Carlos Bolsonaro taking to Twitter to condemn "the immense number of people" calling for his father's death.

I dont want to go on and on about the lab angle again, but this BBC article, when taken as a whole, is quite a reasonable look at the possibility and related issue:

Its a bit on the long side because they've done that thing where they mix it in with another story that gives a human face to the tragedies of this pandemic.

I like some of the details in that article too.

Bolsonaro’s diagnosis comes just three days after he had lunch at the home of the US ambassador to Brazil, Todd Chapman, in the capital, Brasília.

Also present at that Independence Day celebration were several top cabinet members, including the foreign minister, Ernesto Araújo, defence minister, Fernando Azevedo, and the president’s son, Eduardo, a politician who is Steve Bannon’s representative in South America. The men were photographed without face masks.

The newspaper O Globo said it understood Brazil’s president had started complaining of tiredness on Saturday night, after his lunch with the US ambassador, and continued feeling unwell on Sunday.

I dont want to go on and on about the lab angle again, but this BBC article, when taken as a whole, is quite a reasonable look at the possibility and related issue:

Its a bit on the long side because they've done that thing where they mix it in with another story that gives a human face to the tragedies of this pandemic.
I don't know about the layout of that page, at first I thought I wasn't on a BBC page at all. Overall though I thought it a reasonable article. The origins are still not certain.

tenor.gif

It has just been reported on the BBC that Trump's USA will formally leave the WHO after a 12 months notice period.

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Can we have Trump next?

Doubt Trump will get it. In some things he is incredibly naive and ignorant when it comes to matters of himself he's pretty canny. He's already mentioned he's a germaphobic and I reckon he's being careful. He's doesn't mind everyone else dying of it but it sure as hell ain't going to be him.

Bolsonaro and Johnson are just silly twats in comparison.

An international group of scientists has concluded the virus could spread far beyond two metres.

WHO exhibited their usual shocking attitude about this issue, right up until they were publicly criticised by many.

An open letter from more than 200 scientists had accused the WHO of underestimating the possibility of airborne transmission.

The WHO has so far said that the virus is transmitted through droplets when people cough or sneeze.

"We wanted them to acknowledge the evidence," Jose Jimenez, a chemist at the University of Colorado who signed the paper, told the Reuters news agency.

"This is definitely not an attack on the WHO. It's a scientific debate, but we felt we needed to go public because they were refusing to hear the evidence after many conversations with them," he said.

Back
Top Bottom