Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

Re this "Glastronbury actually cancelled as well in 2021!" malarkey :

Bets are on for 2021! You will so definitely lose on that particular one. I like beer! And cider! :p
I will buy you a drink at festivals regardless of this shit as you well know :D just don't cling on to false hope ;)

50/50 is probably about right for Glasto. A lot of other festivals are way lower than that sadly :( event organisers and their suppliers rarely have a warchest of money for such things.

Speculation is not great at such times. You have several people who know the events and music/gig business all telling you the same thing. Not because we want to piss on your chips mate, but we are not speculating.

Any speculation is mine alone,
I wasn't applying that word to other peoples' posts. Maybe I would to the '2021 not happening!' thing maybe :D ...but not the rest.

But the particular bit of mine that the Eavises will be desparate to hold the fest if at all possible, has some validity, hence my relevant posts about their organisational/operational/logistics-centred experience for a postponement this year.

Scotland recommends gatherings of over 500 are banned. So that's all big gigs fucked then, including the Mary Chain at the Barras.

Gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled from next week, the Scottish government is advising.

Announcing Scotland’s decision to ban public gatherings of more than 500 people earlier on Thursday afternoon, Nicola Sturgeon said it was not based on scientific evidence, which suggests it will not have a significant impact on the spread of the virus

The Ideal Home Show is somehow STILL maintaining they are going ahead. Not a show that appeals to most the U75 crowd but is so big (in the events world) I am amazed they have not cancelled.

They have Olympia booked for four weeks (build up and show) plue usually 200k + visitors.

I think it's pretty well known by now that in England, all Premier, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 foottball is off until at least April 3rd and maybe for longer.

In the Six Nations, Wales v Scotland tomorow in Cardiff is also now off, along with the already postponed England/Italy and France/Ireland matches.

The Ideal Home Show is somehow STILL maintaining they are going ahead. Not a show that appeals to most the U75 crowd but is so big (in the events world) I am amazed they have not cancelled.

They have Olympia booked for four weeks (build up and show) plue usually 200k + visitors.

I think it's pretty well known by now that in England, all Premier, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 foottball is off until at least April 3rd and maybe for longer.

In the Six Nations, Wales v Scotland tomorow in Cardiff is also now off, along with the already postponed England/Italy and France/Ireland matches.
And Glasto?

waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa won't someone tell william what he wants to hear so he's alright jack!
For someone who has attended and worked at so many glastos you really should have more of a clue about the scale and logistics!

Heard some talk on the radio about having football matches played behind closed doors in June now/a possibility of ending the season. Some discussion about having a televised game every day to keep people entertained while we're locked down.

Seems optimistic to me I must admit but it would be nice to have something to take our minds off it all, for sure.

I know a few footballers are ill with it already. Fellaini for example.

Not a big gig by any means, but I received a text the other day saying that the Dean Wareham gig scheduled for April has now been postponed to 28th January next year. Which is remarkably efficient.

Back
Top Bottom