Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread

Perhaps the forum cache is resizing it but direct links to the comic and PNG:

I get that it's a star wars reference of some sort but I think the punchline sailed over my head once again. ExplainXKCD had this to say:
The analogy is that the immune system (the Rebel Alliance) figures out a way to attach to the spike proteins (attack the benign Death Star) made by the mRNA vaccine; the immune system's antibodies (Rebel planners) now "know" how to recognize and destroy things that have these spike proteins — including SARS-CoV-2 virus particles (real, dangerous Death Stars). Hence, when the vaccinated Cueball approaches White Hat, who is maskless, coughing, and presumably sick with COVID-19, Cueball's immune system is able to destroy dangerous SARS-CoV-2 virus particles because it knows about the virus's spike proteins. This is represented by Cueball not experiencing any suffering from COVID-19, and he goes on his way whistling merrily, perhaps to the tune of The Throne Room/End Title (from the ceremony celebrating the destruction of the Death Star).

Hancock goes to a town & asks the residents what they need. "We've two big needs" said a resident, "we have a hospital but no doctors". Hancock gets out his phone, talks for a while & says "the doctors will arrive tomorrow, what else?" The resident says "we have no phone signal"

EvGRTV-XMAE6c9w

I think I now understand how the MRNA vaccine works. :D

That's the Pfizer one covered. Got a cartoon for the AZ one?

(Though I think it works if the blueprints are stored on a floppy disk that gets delivered by a reformed burglar in an envelope containing a note telling you to change the file extension on the file, open it in Paint, and fax it to the construction team)*

* - maybe this explains why there seem to be more significant side effects reported.

Last edited:
That's the Pfizer one covered. Got a cartoon for the AZ one?

(Though I think it works if the blueprints are stored on a floppy disk that gets delivered by a reformed burglar in an envelope containing a note telling you to change the file extension on the file, open it in Paint, and fax it to the construction team)*

* - maybe this explains why there seem to be more significant side effects reported.

Basically yes. Although it’s more like the plans are delivered by a brother of one of the stormtroopers, who’d never really been into the empire stuff. And sometimes when you build the thing off the plan it collapses spontaneously and is no use. The rest of it is right though - MS Paint etc.

I suspect that most/all half-sensible musicians can't bloody wait to be getting back on tour.

Ideally without Ian Brown pushing for a support-slot :eek: :p

And now those musicians and their managers, etc., know (once live gigs and fests resume), how best to ensure his absence! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom