Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

So I was reading up about Indonesia and it’s lack of cases.

They are isolating returning workers and turning people away at the borders. There is also a hotel in lockdown as a Japanese tourist was diagnosed positive upon return from a four day holiday in Bali (they may not have caught it in Bali though).

Seems like a reasonable containment precautionary measure, although I think the American press are labelling Trump a racist for doing the same.

Who sent you that? (haven't read whole thread.)

I had a Chinese takeaway on Sunday. I have developed a cold, cough, slight shortness of breath.

Should I panic or go to the pub as I was planning to later? (Have forsaken the gym, it's also raining.)
NHS....Mrs T had the same sent to her yesterday.

We don't even have an outbreak yet.

We havent detected an outbreak yet. The range of time between having an outbreak and detecting it is somewhat variable, so I can make no claims about whether we have one already, more than one, or how large they are, in anything approaching a timely fashion. But I would go as far as to say that I'd consider it surprising if we dont already have community spread.

But I would go as far as to say that I'd consider it surprising if we dont already have community spread.

Given the time it takes to detect it and/or develop symptoms I agree.

News tonight reporting 1st known case of contagion through contact with someone here in the UK who is infected.. No way of knowing that is the only case, seems odd to think it will be.

Yeah, they wont really treat it as if its an isolated case, its exactly what they are looking for to give them confirmation of community spread.

They will still want to find more examples to really underline the confirmation, and further contact tracing or luck can always turn unlinked cases like this one into a small known local cluster, rather than sentinels for the broader 'sustained wider community spread'. Its still the first confirmed human->human transmission in the UK though, whether they nail it down to a cluster or not.

Yeah I hear the shelves are empty. I know anti-bacterial won't do anything but can you get anti-viral? Why would the government recommend something which is useless? Its not bothering about masks and stuff.
"Why would the government recommend something which is useless?"
Remember "Protect and Survive"? :D

Just sitting in a rammed Cafe, no windows open, no door open, no aircon either, excellent conditions for Mr Covid19 to spread.

Back
Top Bottom