Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Corbyn & Cabinet in the Media

Corbyn spends 7 hours with constituents = snubs Rugby World Cup

He snubbed Getafe-Malaga as well

went right over my head by about a million feet lol
"The little gentleman in black velvet" was toasted by jacobites, as the horse carrying an unpopular (at least, north of the border) monarch tripped over (or its hoof went down) a molehill, causing a fatal or nearly fatal fall.

Don't expect me to accurately have all the details at my fingers, I've been talking most of today and am slightly fried. :oops:

went right over my head by about a million feet lol
"The little gentleman in black velvet" was toasted by jacobites, as the horse carrying an unpopular (at least, north of the border) monarch tripped over (or its hoof went down) a molehill, causing a fatal or nearly fatal fall.

Don't expect me to accurately have all the details at my fingers, I've been talking most of today and am slightly fried. :oops:

OK, the Express wins...
CPSzzriVAAAAxzo_zpsiqgcluo6.jpg

:D

Slap Him, He's FRENCH. :mad: Easy money for any hacks out there.
This most interesting surname may have derived from either of two origins. Firstly, it may be of locational origin, from either Corbon in Calvados or Corbon in Orne, in France. Hence the name may have arrived in England after the Norman Conquest of 1066.

The surname may also have derived as a nickname for a man with strikingly glossy black hair or for one with a raucous voice, from the Middle English or the Old French "Corbin" Corbun", raven.

The Sport trumps The Express:
View attachment 76905

That article is possibly the best thing I have ever read in a newspaper :cool:

...leftie Seventies throwback...first dwarf to paddle around Britain...capsizing his tiny canoe...sexually involved with several married women...a keen dogger...like many dwarfs Ted was an angry man...tiny corpse a big snack for otters...

some desperate, desperate stuff there. And not one of these keen newshounds managed to find out what fillings the Dear Leader had

"Prince" Sadiq uses the Mail (*Mail link*) to distance his campaign from the party that he supposedly represents.
Khan, who is Muslim, suggested that Corbyn's refusal to sing the National Anthem showed he was unfit to be Prime Minister....
And he denounced the Labour leadership duo's links to terror groups. He said McDonnell's claim that IRA killers should be 'honoured' could encourage terrorism in London, and Corbyn's support for Arab extremist groups could inspire anti-Semitic attacks.

Khan's comments were echoed by fellow Labour MP Chuka Umunna, whose Streatham constituency includes Brixton, hit by riots in the 1980s.

Khan said anyone aspiring to be Prime Minister should sing the Anthem. He said he sang it regularly and spoke with pride of kissing the Queen's hand when he was made a Privy Counsellor in a ceremony the Labour leader is threatening to boycott.
Also posted in L&SE forum thread.

Back
Top Bottom