Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colonoscopy - Toilet status: those updates you need to know

There were quite a few parliamentary & non parliamentary publications on the subject. HMSO were publishers for MAFF at the time.

I am grateful for your concern, and am happy to say that it is holding up pretty well, thanks to powerful and finely tuned sphincter muscles which have limited the amount of bathroom explosions down to single figures, thus keeping anal friction to a minimum.

If you are on a purge for an endoscopy (or any other oscopy) then it is all better out than in... your theme tune at this point should be "Let it go...."

I've now more or less back to normal and am breathing an almighty sigh of relief. I'd gone for a colonoscopy after my doctor found a few niggling things that could have suggested cancer - throw in the fact that my dad died of related cancer at just 36 years old - and alarm bells were ringing.

I was at King's College Hospital and was once again reminded of the wonders of the NHS service where I was attended by people from a host of nationalities, all of whom were professional and friendly. The only downside was the young nurse who was terrible at getting that 'tap' thing into my vein. That hurt!

The first sedative had a very strange effect on me, and I ended up on the corridor floor in a gibbering mess. I usually love the stuff they dish out before treatment but this was horrible - I was sweating profusely, dizzy and unable to speak or walk. No fun. Happily I was shovelled promptly on to a very comfy bed.

45 mins later I was wheeled into the room where the colonoscopy was to take place. It was bright, stacked full of modern tech with at least 4 people attending to my needs. Despite my earlier reluctance, I was fascinated seeing my back end gubbins appearing 2ft high on the screen - at times it looked like the cameras was a whizzing through a HR Giger film set.

I'd been topped up with more sedatives at this point - and had one of those oxygen feeds under my nose - but it was pretty much totally painless.

They took a few random samples as a precaution as the camera moved around and then told me the most wonderful thing of all - I was declared all clear!

PHEW!

I watched the screen and found it fascinating. Especially when they nipped off a pollyp.

yeah, once i came out of anesthesia before it was over and said nothing and watched the screen. it was painless and very interesting to see one's insides, and they nipped a little polyp, leaving me to figure that it would heal before the next parcel of waste came along, or that the blood would be flowing into the intestine so keeping the poison out of the bloodstream.

yeah, once i came out of anesthesia before it was over and said nothing and watched the screen. it was painless and very interesting to see one's insides, and they nipped a little polyp, leaving me to figure that it would heal before the next parcel of waste came along, or that the blood would be flowing into the intestine so keeping the poison out of the bloodstream.
Oh my good gawd. I was curious to see what these polyps looked like so did an image search for 'colonoscopy polyp'. I wish I could unsee what I saw.

Oh my good gawd. I was curious to see what these polyps looked like so did an image search for 'colonoscopy polyp'. I wish I could unsee what I saw.

my gp is also my inernist. i had it done the first time because i described things to him that sounded like signs. right he was, as he extracted a malign plyp "the size of a golf ball." wrap your mind's eye around that :D

Tis such a great feeling, after the weeks of worry. So glad to hear you are tip-top ed.
The NHS were fucking great. I had the over 40s free 'MOT' health check up. When I went back to my GP she said everything was tickety-boo apart from my iron count which was a little below what she'd liked. She stressed that it was unlikely to be anything awful, but when I told her about my family history she suggested I go for a colonoscopy.

Within a week, I was given a pre-scan chat at Kings and then had the check-up - and it could have been done in even less time if I hadn't been busy on the weekend. Bloody fantastic service.

No diverticulae ?
I reckon mine may have something to do with my anaemia. I'm certainly blaming them for my spectacular farting.

I've now more or less back to normal and am breathing an almighty sigh of relief. I'd gone for a colonoscopy after my doctor found a few niggling things that could have suggested cancer - throw in the fact that my dad died of related cancer at just 36 years old - and alarm bells were ringing.

I was at King's College Hospital and was once again reminded of the wonders of the NHS service where I was attended by people from a host of nationalities, all of whom were professional and friendly. The only downside was the young nurse who was terrible at getting that 'tap' thing into my vein. That hurt!

The first sedative had a very strange effect on me, and I ended up on the corridor floor in a gibbering mess. I usually love the stuff they dish out before treatment but this was horrible - I was sweating profusely, dizzy and unable to speak or walk. No fun. Happily I was shovelled promptly on to a very comfy bed.

45 mins later I was wheeled into the room where the colonoscopy was to take place. It was bright, stacked full of modern tech with at least 4 people attending to my needs. Despite my earlier reluctance, I was fascinated seeing my back end gubbins appearing 2ft high on the screen - at times it looked like the cameras was a whizzing through a HR Giger film set.

I'd been topped up with more sedatives at this point - and had one of those oxygen feeds under my nose - but it was pretty much totally painless.

They took a few random samples as a precaution as the camera moved around and then told me the most wonderful thing of all - I was declared all clear!

PHEW!
Yay!:D

Back
Top Bottom