Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colonoscopy - Toilet status: those updates you need to know

:D
Maybe everyone should have at least one go on citro-wotsit to get them to eat more fibre :)
(or is my logic skewed ?)

Update: It's now becoming bloody grim. Me and the loo are going to be near-inseparable by the end of today. I've discarded my trousers as anything that gets in the way of a 'quick-release' could prove perilous.

And I am STARVING!

Too much information, editor! :eek:

Lord of The Rings, and a full pack of wet wipes.

Do you not have deliveroo in that there Lundun?

Update: It's now becoming bloody grim. Me and the loo are going to be near-inseparable by the end of today. I've discarded my trousers as anything that gets in the way of a 'quick-release' could prove perilous.

And I am STARVING!

Do you have to visit the hospital? How is that going to work if you're trouser-less?

I had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy a few years back. Started taking the sweet plastic laxative gunk around 7pm the night before. World fell out of my arse within about 2 hours and didn't stop until about 6am. Top tip: have lots of wet wipes within reach - even the softest, puppy tested, quilted, premium toilet tissue feels like P12 sandpaper by the several hundredth wipe. On the plus side the doctor congratulated me on having the cleanest bowels she had ever seen and, because I had to take public transport there and back, I got to toke deep and long on the NO2.

Last edited:
Know the feeling. Had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy on the same day a couple of years ago.
The toilet and I were inseparable beforehand.
Hope all goes well for you with tests. :thumbs:

No eating for over 24 hours. Not even a biscuit.

I would really, really struggle with that. Presumably you can drink water at least? Don't suppose it will stay in though :(
Miserable.

Anyway, hope the hospital trip goes okay.

I would really, really struggle with that. Presumably you can drink water at least? Don't suppose it will stay in though :(
Miserable.

Anyway, hope the hospital trip goes okay.
I can drink water, tea and coffee and clear 'broth' like soups, none of which seem to exist unless you like chicken.

Could you, for example, drink squash, Coke, beer, etc? They might help you keep up your calories intake while not putting anything into the bowel. Just a thought.

Could you, for example, drink squash, Coke, beer, etc? They might help you keep up your calories intake while not putting anything into the bowel. Just a thought.
Drink clear fluids only today. This may include water, squash, fizzy drinks, clear strained soup or clear stock. Aim for two litres (about eight to ten glasses) in total throughout the day not including the bowel preparation. • You can drink tea or coffee with small splash of milk.

Back
Top Bottom