Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colonoscopy - Toilet status: those updates you need to know

I remember it quite well, I worked in what was then MAFF (now Defra) in the Animal Health TSE department and spent most of every day answering questions about BSE!
I was a civil servant at HMSO at the time & had to try and answer questions about BSE & TSE and pronounce them after four pints down the pub at lunchtime. Them were the days.

ETA hope you get some sleep editor & all goes well tomorrow.

I was a civil servant at HMSO at the time & had to try and answer questions about BSE & TSE and pronounce them after four pints down the pub at lunchtime. Them were the days.

ETA hope you get some sleep editor & all goes well tomorrow.

Her Majesty's Stationery Office?

(Edits are because my mouse is playing up and keeps double clicking when I only intended a single click - so ended up quoting what I was replying to twice. Then I realised I needed to correct my spelling)

Oh yes, that not remotely vegetarian thing that contains beef stock made from cow meat and bone, that will be way better in vegetarian terms than anything that contains chicken!

editor - I hope your thing goes ok

Oh. Ok. I didn't realise it had gone back to beef...it was vegetarian here for a while.

Could use marmite instead I guess.

Oh. Ok. I didn't realise it had gone back to beef...it was vegetarian here for a while.

Could use marmite instead I guess.

I'd suggest a bit of veggie stock (which can be a stock cube or stock pot or something home made) with a little marmite or henderson's relish in it - that isn't for long term nutrition btw - just to help get through a period where solids aren't allowed.

Top tip is pre moisturise your arse and arse cheeks giving a Teflon Like surface for all the pain, chaffing and assault of multiple wet ones to slide off

On arrival at hospital demand all the drugs then fight them and watch your pink innards being inflated on a big tv screen while giving the inflator a total unnecessary and inane running commentary. Then pass out/black out towards the end

Last edited:
well done for not going completely OTT
Hear Hear! If I'd been shitting since yesterday and not allowed to eat, there'd have been some permanent banning of a good few by now.

Good luck with the colonoscopy

7f3cc920932f35289d6dd2967fe57cd3.jpg

I found the laxative to be a damp squib when I did this, a few fairly normal shits and it was all over.

The drugs they gave for the colonoscopy were very nice though :)

Good luck today editor , hope that you get a clean bill of health.

I found the laxatives impressive, but I did the colonoscopy without drugs. And watched. It was interesting.
the first time i had a colonoscopy the doctor performing the procedure told me he'd recently had a musician in for the same thing who had wanted a copy of the footage to use in a rock video. i observed this gave a whole new meaning to being up your own arse.

Back
Top Bottom