Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colonoscopy - Toilet status: those updates you need to know

So now in the hospital issue gown. Can you make anything that fits worse. Bit weird aftetto be asked to go to a waiting room with people in normal clothes.

Doing the forms before hand I had to tick if I wanted I sedation or gas and air. I jokingly asked if I could have both and they said yes.

So now in the hospital issue gown. Can you make anything that fits worse. Bit weird aftetto be asked to go to a waiting room with people in normal clothes.

Doing the forms before hand I had to tick if I wanted I sedation or gas and air. I jokingly asked if I could have both and they said yes.
Posted at 2.08. should be over by now and off somewhere for dinner.

Posted at 2.08. should be over by now and off somewhere for dinner.

Thanks. Yeah I'm out and the way home. Weirdly not that hungry yet, despite me thinking about food all morning, so will shower and go get something. Didn't need gas, the sedation was fine. In fact the whole thing was nowhere near as bad as I feared.

They told me there and then there was no problems. So it's a CT scan next...

Thanks. Yeah I'm out and the way home. Weirdly not that hungry yet, despite me thinking about food all morning, so will shower and go get something. Didn't need gas, the sedation was fine. In fact the whole thing was nowhere near as bad as I feared.

They told me there and then there was no problems. So it's a CT scan next...
Just been through all that, CT scan was couple of weeks ago now. What's next? How long before they tell you what the next steps are? I need to be fixed ☹️

Just been through all that, CT scan was couple of weeks ago now. What's next? How long before they tell you what the next steps are? I need to be fixed ☹️

Well I've got a UTI with almost no symptoms. I fact they ordered the urine test a second time because of this, but I'll start the antibiotics tomorrow or the day after now this is out the way I don't really know beyond that. I'm trying to be positive that I don't have bowl cancer and it's something stupid like Ibs, but that still doesn't explain somethings (but would explain a good bit). More stool tests and waiting for the second lot or blood tests. In mean time the symptoms are not bothering me, but that's head in the sand stuff. What is it that's causing you pain? :(

Well I've got a UTI with almost no symptoms. I fact they ordered the urine test a second time because of this, but I'll start the antibiotics tomorrow or the day after now this is out the way I don't really know beyond that. I'm trying to be positive that I don't have bowl cancer and it's something stupid like Ibs, but that still doesn't explain somethings (but would explain a good bit). More stool tests and waiting for the second lot or blood tests. In mean time the symptoms are not bothering me, but that's head in the sand stuff. What is it that's causing you pain? :(
Oh mate, fingers crossed for you! I had bowl cancer and my innards are still being stupid. Stuff from my last surgery mostly. Just hope there's some fix they can apply.

Oh mate, fingers crossed for you! I had bowl cancer and my innards are still being stupid. Stuff from my last surgery mostly. Just hope there's some fix they can apply.

I'm really sorry to read that. Is it still really bad?

The more they rule out I guess the less stressed I'll be be. I'm also well aware I've been a total twat to my body for years which is where part of my fear lies, like I almost have it coming to me.

Pretty awful morning. Spent 2 hours in the car on the way to Birmingham to see a client when everything started working again and I couldn't get to the next service station fast enough. Made a shout that I should probably call it off and called them rather then risk bad embarrassment at their site. I spent 15 mins just walking around before I made the call to see how things were and wasn't confident. Drove back 2 hours. Probably can't claim for fuel milage as I'm not sure I really want that conversation with my boss.

My guts behaved themselves all day. So now I've got to make the dam trip again at a time that's going to be far less convenient. :rolleyes:

I'm really sorry to read that. Is it still really bad?

The more they rule out I guess the less stressed I'll be be. I'm also well aware I've been a total twat to my body for years which is where part of my fear lies, like I almost have it coming to me.
I do have the odd really bad day, not to get into TMI territory but I really have to stop every now and then and tense up before disaster strikes. One of my big problems is in the innards where the surgical join is after they cut out the C area. Yeah, get the odd really bad day from that too.
I have got an outpatients appointment through now though, in over two months bloody time, but at least I can find out what's going on, with any luck. Dear gods, please fix me!

Please don't feel like you have it coming to you! Life's too short enough as it is without denying yourself the absolute joy of being a twat to yourself. I can't say I haven't been a twat to myself, but I didn't deserve what I got. In fact when I gave up smoking I felt great, I thought "You know what, I might try jogging! What with these renewed lungs and all!" So I did, got gradually okay with it, did parkrun, 10k events and ultimately a half marathon. After the half marathon I got cancer so fuck running, the bastard. :D

Glad to hear that. I'm having the top half done this friday morning and bottom half on a later date. In my case to investigate cause of iron deficiancy.

Glad to hear that. I'm having the top half done this friday morning and bottom half on a later date. In my case to investigate cause of iron deficiancy.
Had the top half done this morning. Had the seditive so don't really remember much now.
They found a "7cm mixed sliding and rolling hiatus hernia" in my stomach (no idea either :D ). They also took tissue samples to test for some other things. He did say it's not cancer. Not really got my head round what it all means yet but i'm seeing him again in january. Think it may mean surgery but i'm not sure. Also have to see another doctor on tuesday about the bottom half camera. (Not actually doing it that day).

1702038097027.png

Had the top half done this morning. Had the seditive so don't really remember much now.
They found a "7cm mixed sliding and rolling hiatus hernia" in my stomach (no idea either :D ). They also took tissue samples to test for some other things. He did say it's not cancer. Not really got my head round what it all means yet but i'm seeing him again in january. Think it may mean surgery but i'm not sure. Also have to see another doctor on tuesday about the bottom half camera. (Not actually doing it that day).

View attachment 403469
Glad he told you what it was and wasn't! Take it easy for the rest of the day x

View attachment 403469
Do hernias show up on colonoscopy?

Do hernias show up on colonoscopy?

It was a gastroscopy (top end via mouth). I still have the colonoscopy to come. I see another doctor about that one on tuesday (just to talk about it). I guess they could cancel that now if they think the hernia is the cause but i'm not sure about that.

I don't really know what a hernia is. I thought it was a groin thing but apparently it was found in the stomach. I see the doctor again in january.

Only if it's in the colon and one of those you'd be able to feel usually in the groin area.

Iirc a hiatus hernia is where the lower part of the oesophagus or stomach sticks back up through the diaphragm which would only be seen with a top down -oscopy.

Ah ok. Cheers.

It was a gastroscopy (top end via mouth). I still have the colonoscopy to come. I see another doctor about that one on tuesday (just to talk about it). I guess they could cancel that now if they think the hernia is the cause but i'm not sure about that.
Nope the colonoscopy is still on. Don't know exact date yet but told it will be "soon".

Been given this stuff to take for 2 days before the procedure to "clear me out" and have a list of things i should eat and not eat. Needs to be "low fibre" diet.

1702396784896.png

Good luck. Had my colonoscopy a month ago. It's an interesting/alarming/uncomfortable, but ultimately fine experience. That prep drink and the diet in the run up are the worst bits.

I took the first dose last night at 6pm. Followed by about 8 or 9 toilet sessions :D

I'd be amazed if anything is left in me now but at 6am i have to take the 2nd dose which is even stronger apparently :eek: and involves mixing 2 packets marked "A" and "B" together.

Starving but not not allowed to eat. At least this time i can drink water until the last 2 hours.

Procedure starts at 1.30pm this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom