Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

I am not a fatist. So no. I am horrified by the public health implications. But then, I work in public health, so I would be.

Are your eyes brown?

I can hear it now: "Oh those poor Americans! I just can't imagine the public health implications!"

Ffs.

Are your eyes brown?

I can hear it now: "Oh those poor Americans! I just can't imagine the public health implications!"

Ffs.

More the costs in terms of healthcare and life years lost. We spend a lot of time working on that shit here. We have to. The health budget has to deliver best value for money, not most profit for salesmen.

Canada has a particularly good public health system too. CCOHTA is brilliant. :cool:

Right, it's been mentioned three times (and I heard the 1st and 3rd time) that there are TWO rescuers down there, despite me thinking there's three.

and yet...

BBC keep saying two BUT a few minutes ago I thought I heard them say three. Then they went back to saying two.

I hope it's only two, I stayed up 'til 5:00am last night and I'll be staying up 'til at least 1:30 tonight for the miners and if there's three (or five!) rescuers then it's gonna be 3 or 4 am. I do have a job to go to!

BBC keep saying two BUT a few minutes ago I thought I heard them say three. Then they went back to saying two.

I hope it's only two, I stayed up 'til 5:00am last night and I'll be staying up 'til at least 1:30 tonight for the miners and if there's three (or five!) rescuers then it's gonna be 3 or 4 am. I do have a job to go to!

and I've just found this on The Guardian website

Below the line, MLouis asks why they keep sending rescuers down (there was a fixed five for some time, but a sixth has recently been sent).

The mining minister Laurence Golbourne said earlier that the sixth man was being sent down so the rescue team could have time to rest while still maintaining the flow of miners to the surface.

He stressed there had been no problems which had caused them to send down the sixth man, it was simply to aid the team. No more rescuers will be sent.

Same as, but I'm lucky, I don't have to work

Now The Guardian is saying there's only two down there

There are now just five of the original 33 miners down in the shaft. They are: Juan Aguilar Gaete, Raúl Bustos Ibáñez, Pedro Cortez Contreras, Ariel Ticona Yáñez and Luis Urzúa Iribarren. There are also two rescue workers down the mine. All seven are visible on the mine cam.

Now The Guardian is saying there's only two down there

Yeah, the actual Guardian blog is saying two. The stuff about 5 or 6 was just chat in the comments section - which can safely be discounted :)

eta: FFS!! now the BBC are saying two rescuers AND the paramedics - but didn't say how many!

hipstercathbvj_thumb-1_40c6.jpg

I count at least 8 people in the live feed from the mine on the Beeb, so there's definitely more than 2 rescuers down there.

Back
Top Bottom