Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

I see, you're going down the route of deflection.

Okaaaay then... :hmm:

Which animals do you think it is OK to train for our convenience, and which in your opinion should we not?
(Horses have been domesticated for around 5000 years btw, and are completely dependent upon us at this point, very few live wild any more, this isn't something that just happened for recent sports.
The ship has sailed in terms of objection to it.)

Last edited:
I've no doubt that you love horses and would never subject them to abuse. However, the truth is horses are trained for the benefit of human pleasure, and and making money. Whether it be racing, show jumping, riding, hunting, whatever.
No amount of explaining how the industry works, and how people don't understand horsey people, can negate this fact.
So you’re advocating a return to a time before we domesticated horses? Around 3500 BC?

Okaaaay then... :hmm:

Which animals do you think it is OK to train for our convenience, and which in your opinion should we not?
(Horses have been domesticated for around 5000 years btw, this isn't something that just happened for recent sports)
This thread is about horses being trained/abused for sport. The title names a well known horse abuser. You and the others that have jumped on the bandwagon, should bear that in mind.,

Jumped on what bandwagon? The bandwagon of actually knowing something about horses and having experience caring for them, unlike 90% of urban posters? 🤣
Please refer what I said earlier:

I've no doubt that you love horses and would never subject them to abuse. However, the truth is horses are trained for the benefit of human pleasure, and and making money. Whether it be racing, show jumping, riding, hunting, whatever.
No amount of explaining how the industry works, and how people don't understand horsey people, can negate this fact.

This is already a thing! Albeit with a hobby horse! At least they can't hurt the toy ones 🤬

View attachment 434656
haha, I recently went down a rabitt hole on this, on Instagram, and I have to say, it's very entertaining and I for one would watch this (I already don't watch horseshit abuse on the olympics or horse racing anyway)

Some of the jumps are seriously impressive!

Last edited:
haha, I recently went down a rabitt hole on this, on Instagram, and I have to say, it's very entertaining and I for one would watch this (I already don't watch horseshit abuse on the olympics or horse racing anyway)

Some of the jumps are seriously impressive!
They really do take it seriously, don't they! I don't have an issue with it, as no animals are getting hurt, and they genuinely enjoy it. It's really big in Finland, but gaining more traction in other countries as well. Hopefully they'll replace dressage for this type of event. 😀

Because it's about whether you are kicking up shit just for the sake of argument or actually have any relevant point to make.

You've barely mentioned anything about horses, you just want to kick off a row - you're a troublemaker and a troll.
Er, if you refer to my posts, they are all about the subject in hand. Which is abusing horses in sport. That's what the thread is about.

They really do take it seriously, don't they! I don't have an issue with it, as no animals are getting hurt, and they genuinely enjoy it. It's really big in Finland, but gaining more traction in other countries as well. Hopefully they'll replace dressage for this type of event. 😀

Yeah, I thought it was sweet and a bit amusing how seriously they take it! Once the initial amusement passed I started thinking, well, people take football, athletics, etc, really seriously, why not this? Good for them!

You take a view that most horses are abused, I refute that and think you probably know very little about the subject, you didn't respond when I asked you how much experience you have with horses.
Where did I say 'most horses are abused'?
Again, what does my experience with horses have to do with the subject at hand?

My family is definitely not or were loaded if that's what you're getting at. Dressage was just my mum's obsession since she was a kid so we sacrificed a lot for her and my sister to do it. If you're gonna ban dressage you're gonna need to ban Crufts. Coz I can assure you much worse goes on training those dogs. Dressage isn't cruel. Horse racing yes, I'd ban that, having seen that close up and behind the scenes.

Of course it’s cruel.

A bunch of pearl clutching weirdos on the internet say so!

Again, what does my experience with horses have to do with the subject at hand?

I would think it had everything to do with the subject at hand - otherwise you're just someone who knows the square root of shit all about the subject spouting off at loud volume and disrupting a thread without any knowledge or facts.

I would think it had everything to do with the subject at hand - otherwise you're just someone who knows the square root of shit all about the subject spouting off at loud volume and disrupting a thread without any knowledge or facts.
You're the one disrupting the thread with your demand that I justify my comments. I don't have to do that, as it doesn't relate to what this thread is about.

You're the one disrupting the thread with your demand that I justify my comments. I don't have to do that, as it doesn't relate to what this thread is about.
Right oh then, all my posts actually with knowledge about horses and horse sports that I made before you chimed in were completely worthless :hmm: you only noticed my posts from after you started making your shit stupid observations.

Back
Top Bottom