Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

Chukka thought he might have been the new Nick Clegg, leading a centrist party.

Now he hopes to be the new Sir Nick Clegg working for Facebook.

I'd rather he became the new Clegg by getting himself convicted for a pointless act of arson, preferably in the Royal Dockyards.

Last edited:
Barbarian shithole Saudi Arabia is hiring Edelman to spin its new 'Megacity' development. This development requires the dispossession of 20,000 people, including members of a local Bedouin tribe. Chuka Ununna is an Executive Director at Edelman and Luciana Berger is a Managing Director. Remember kids, mature centrist politics involves representing a regime that dismembers dissidents, chops peoples heads off, treats women as subhuman and is committing genocide in Yemen! Really sensible stuff.

Barbarian shithole Saudi Arabia is hiring Edelman to spin its new 'Megacity' development. This development requires the dispossession of 20,000 people, including members of a local Bedouin tribe. Chuka Ununna is an Executive Director at Edelman and Luciana Berger is a Managing Director. Remember kids, mature centrist politics involves representing a regime that dismembers dissidents, chops peoples heads off, treats women as subhuman and is committing genocide in Yemen! Really sensible stuff.

perhaps they made umunna an offer he couldn't refuse - one he'd have had to be off his head to refuse

He's joined JPMorgan.

Change indeed!

Do people even check what other people tell them on their CV any more?

He has more than 20 years of private and public sector experience in managing ESG issues at a senior level and was recently named one of the top five ESG influencers in the UK

Chuka Umunna is 42, and his first job after university started (according to Wikipedia) in 2005.

He probably thinks waiting this long before getting himself latched on to the finance sector teat makes him classy or something.

Love the corporate whitewash job title as well.

TBF he left his previous employer for a better deal after only being with them nine months, which probably qualifies as being prime ministerial nowadays.

Second hand politicians rarly end up wondering how their going to support themselves when their career is over. It is probably a little bit easier for Tories than Labour but not much, there is enough in the trough for everyone.
It depends on what their positions were. I can't see HSBC running after Corbyn. He might get a gig advertising organic muesli, but I don't expect lofty hights in the finance sector

Second hand politicians rarly end up wondering how their going to support themselves when their career is over. It is probably a little bit easier for Tories than Labour but not much, there is enough in the trough for everyone.

Easier for Chuka than most Tories as he's from a posher background than most of the parvenu shits on the current government benches. His grandfather Sir Helenus "Buster" Milmo was in M.I.6, served as a Nurenburg prosecutor and ended up as a High Court Judge. At one point he investigated Kim Philby but was considered too much of a gentleman to be able to break him. A keen fox-hunter, he called hunt saboteurs disorderly rabble and compared them to apes and baboons.

Easier for Chuka than most Tories as he's from a posher background than most of the parvenu shits on the current government benches. His grandfather Sir Helenus "Buster" Milmo was in M.I.6, served as a Nurenburg prosecutor and ended up as a High Court Judge. At one point he investigated Kim Philby but was considered too much of a gentleman to be able to break him. A keen fox-hunter, he called hunt saboteurs disorderly rabble and compared them to apes and baboons.
You don't say, and there was me thinking his Man of the People routine was totally genuine

Which of the topics of Environmental Risks, Social policies or corporate governance is Chukka claiming to be an expert in, exactly? What in his career as a failed politician is supposedly giving him this experience?

Back
Top Bottom