Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

Is there anything beyond her being Jewish in that?
she's done some campaigning around there, before the euro's and at a couple of events. Surely too long a shot for someone of her 'stature.' I suppose they could hope she would pick up quite a few disaffected Tories as well, but it seems a rather lnog shot.

From the BBCs live parliament updates thingy:

Independent Group for Change MP Anna Soubry asks Mr Gove whether Operation Yellowhammer - the government's no-deal plan - still exists.

Mr Gove says that it does and that Yellowhammer represents a "reasonable worst-case scenario". He says that Operation Kingfisher - a Treasury plan - also still exists.

He adds that Ms Soubry's suggestion of an Operation Dodo does not exist "though I can well understand why the Independent Group for Change would be interested in such an exercise".

Chuka tripled the LibDem vote taking them from a poor third to a decent second, I don't think we've seen the last of him. There is a good possibility that they might
run him as their candidate in future byelections.

He did that on the back of remain voters, that one trick disappears next month.
Quite possibly but I suspect that he is trying to convince the rest of him that it was due to him, I think it likely they will take a chance on him again.
The LibDems are still paying the price for going into coalition with Cameron and look where it's got them, the Tories have just have their biggest success in 4 decades and they are on the verge of extinction. They have no hope of recovering any relevance in UK politics until all trace of anyone involved in the Coalition has gone. It hasn't gone yet and it probably won't have gone by 2024 either/

Where now sleater et al? Where now?

Dear Member,

As you know the Management Council convened today and we unanimously agreed to begin the process of closing down The Independent Group for Change. As you know more than anyone, we came together to form our party in response to the broken state of British politics. Last February, in order to do something about this, The Independent Group was formed.

Honesty and realism are at the core of our values, and we therefore must recognise that the political uncertainty of recent months has now given way to a settled pattern in Parliament for the next five years. So this is the right time for us to take stock.

But I want to be very clear about what we did achieve. My former Labour colleagues shone a spotlight on the state of the Labour Party, exposing how it had moved to the hard left and was tolerating anti-semitism. I do not doubt Labour shifted its position to a confirmatory second referendum because of the courageous move made by Chris, Mike, Ann, Joan and others

But as I say, we need to be realistic and therefore we have agreed to start the process of winding up the party. We have ended your monthly subscription and are beginning the process of closing down our office and organisation. We will contact the Electoral Commission to de-register as a political party.

Dear Member,

As you know the Management Council convened today and we unanimously agreed to begin the process of closing down The Independent Group for Change. As you know more than anyone, we came together to form our party in response to the broken state of British politics. Last February, in order to do something about this, The Independent Group was formed.

Honesty and realism are at the core of our values, and we therefore must recognise that the political uncertainty of recent months has now given way to a settled pattern in Parliament for the next five years. So this is the right time for us to take stock.

But I want to be very clear about what we did achieve. My former Labour colleagues shone a spotlight on the state of the Labour Party, exposing how it had moved to the hard left and was tolerating anti-semitism. I do not doubt Labour shifted its position to a confirmatory second referendum because of the courageous move made by Chris, Mike, Ann, Joan and others

But as I say, we need to be realistic and therefore we have agreed to start the process of winding up the party. We have ended your monthly subscription and are beginning the process of closing down our office and organisation. We will contact the Electoral Commission to de-register as a political party.
Job done.

But I want to be very clear about what we did achieve.

Fuck all.

My former Labour colleagues shone a spotlight on the state of the Labour Party, exposing how it had moved to the hard left and was tolerating anti-semitism. I do not doubt Labour shifted its position to a confirmatory second referendum because of the courageous move made by Chris, Mike, Ann, Joan and others

And, that went so bloody well, did't it?

Fucking bunch of muppets.

Dear Member,

Think I just a tree fall over somewhere in the Siberian tundra

Seem to be taking credit for delivering a massive tory majority able to determine whatever shape of brexit it wants alongside enacting regressive unpopular policies to batter ordinary people and salt the earth of the ruins of any sort of social state, as well as reshaping of parliamentary constituencies to increase likelihood of further large majority tory govts in the future, great stuff, this is what success smells like. Liberal cunts.

Back
Top Bottom